U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 07:49 PM
bu2

10,170 posts, read 6,523,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Yeah but Iím talking who eats straight up avocado? And puts it on toast of all things? Jelly is for toast.
Avocado on toast IS kind of a west coast thing. But I frequently see avocado in salads or sandwiches on menus. I've had it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 08:28 AM

4,187 posts, read 4,895,984 times
Iím a millennial- Iím broke and I donít know anyone my age who could afford a house like that. There are a lot of rich young people but the gap in income is so large they might as well live in a different reality. Btw if you havenít tried it yet, avocado toast tastes literally like nothing. Itís a waste of an avocado.

Old 08-06-2019, 12:29 PM

170 posts, read 98,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I'm assuming you know a lot of Millennials who come from well-off families. Most Millennials can't afford a $400,000 property though, especially because of high student debt.
Student loan payments can be based off of income( IBR), the rest forgiven after 25 years. So a teacher making 37k with 150k in student loans would have a payment of about 300 dollars a month, if they pay on time for 25 years, the rest of the outstanding balance is forgiven.

Old 08-06-2019, 12:48 PM

23,531 posts, read 17,707,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It only takes getting two or three to buy at that price point (and maybe just one) and then you're off to the races. Millennials have a ton of money to spend and they are looking for somewhere to park it and grow it. What they want is bikability, transit and walkability. It doesn't matter whether they actually use it or not, it's about having options.
Where does this idea that Millennials have tons of money? We are the most college debt saddled generation in American history.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:49 PM

2,250 posts, read 889,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgpremed13 View Post
Student loan payments can be based off of income( IBR), the rest forgiven after 25 years. So a teacher making 37k with 150k in student loans would have a payment of about 300 dollars a month, if they pay on time for 25 years, the rest of the outstanding balance is forgiven.
$300 is alot for someone only making $37k a year. Expecting them to make those payments on time for 25 years straight is unrealistic when considering other financial obligations they will be entitled to.

Also if I'm not mistaken, the forgiveness only occurs if you're employed in certain fields.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:20 PM

120 posts, read 63,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
Iím a millennial- Iím broke and I donít know anyone my age who could afford a house like that. There are a lot of rich young people but the gap in income is so large they might as well live in a different reality. Btw if you havenít tried it yet, avocado toast tastes literally like nothing. Itís a waste of an avocado.

That's why you have to shell out the extra $2 for the fried egg on top. It gets really out of reach then!

Old 08-06-2019, 07:49 PM

84 posts, read 21,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
$300 is alot for someone only making $37k a year. Expecting them to make those payments on time for 25 years straight is unrealistic when considering other financial obligations they will be entitled to.

Also if I'm not mistaken, the forgiveness only occurs if you're employed in certain fields.
We should just take more immigrants, then we don't have to stress about millennials being able to financially afford having a family.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:09 PM

2,250 posts, read 889,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLUTD View Post
We should just take more immigrants, then we don't have to stress about millennials being able to financially afford having a family.
Corporate America would eat that up if they could. Take in more, pay them pennies, profit high while quality of service just plummets.

In seriousness... $37k would be nightmarish to raise a family on...no offense to anyone and props to those who have its just... it would severely limit your options...infact after all expenses are accounted for I highly doubt anyone would have $300 in reserve for a student loan.

Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM

551 posts, read 1,572,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Where does this idea that Millennials have tons of money? We are the most college debt saddled generation in American history.
And thats partly the Millennials own fault. College is so expensive because the millennials want food halls and air conditioning and their own bathrooms in their dorm rooms, all which cost money.....But I can tell you there are still a ton of millenials and gen x buying homes- the 400K is really the sweet spot, you dont have too many buying 600K homes anymore.

Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM

29,495 posts, read 26,494,654 times
Why not just go to a state U and get the HOPE? We have great colleges right here in Georgia that will teach you anything you need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or