U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM

8,392 posts, read 10,347,471 times

Advertisements

They better put money in the bank before your work cafeteria becomes a legit competitor.

It's coming.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/08/busin...ias/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM

477 posts, read 168,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
They better put money in the bank before your work cafeteria becomes a legit competitor.

It's coming.

I don't think you understand that everyone's vegan burger is not the same.....

This is like saying your work cafeteria burger is going to beat out Houston's because they got angus too.

Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,817,784 times
Quote:

It's coming.

They have competitors a lot of places sell Vegan burgers.. people like them better. It will die down some but like Otakumaster said a lot of people aren't going now because it's not convenient and the lines. In a better neighborhood and less of a wait they'll attract more repeat customers.

Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM

5,612 posts, read 4,171,179 times
I was really excited to try this place out, but the hassle doesn’t seem worth it.

Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM

8,392 posts, read 10,347,471 times
I understand what you're saying, I'm using hyperbole.

But also.... kind of not. It would be like saying your work cafeteria burger is as good as Houston's if they got the same exact beef from the same exact supplier. In which case, it probably would be pretty darn close.

An Impossible burger is an Impossible burger whether you get it from Piccadilly or Chops. Of course you can dress it up with better buns, smarter cooking and good toppings... but the differential isn't going to be enormous. It's a commodity.

Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM

29,499 posts, read 26,501,389 times
Quote:
I understand what you're saying, I'm using hyperbole.

But also.... kind of not. It would be like saying your work cafeteria burger is as good as Houston's if they got the same exact beef from the same exact supplier. In which case, it probably would be pretty darn close.

An Impossible burger is an Impossible burger whether you get it from Piccadilly or Chops. Of course you can dress it up with better buns, smarter cooking and good toppings... but the differential isn't going to be enormous. It's a commodity.
Dining out has a lot to do with overall experience. Folks want to be "in" and often visit popular places, even if that means standing in line a long time. In fact, having to stand in line is sometimes considered positive and exciting. You're part of the scene.

Say you've got two venues that are just alike. I'd wager that the one with an SRO sign in the window and a waiting line out front will draw more customers. Who (other than old geezers like me) wants to go to a place that doesn't have the buzz?

Old Today, 04:30 AM

344 posts, read 138,171 times
Slutty Vegan's burgers are super unhealthy but, by now, people are still fine equating "vegan" with healthy. The Impossible Burger is fattier and has higher cholesterol than standard burgers and almost the same amount of calories, which excludes all the fillers that go into getting toppings to taste like the "real" thing. The owner has highlighted how it is junk food at best but biking pass the smell of Impossible Burger after Impossible Burger these days smells quite revolting. I used to like the smell. Not sure if I am just annoyed or it that many IBs were never meant to be made aide-by-side.

I see what they're doing: picking standing-room only spots with poor street access. I am sure the line and drop-off chaos will follow but I am not sure that means other lines will lessen. SV's Westview line is nearly always majority Black. Surely the Edgewood line will look more racially mixed.

Old Today, 09:26 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,669,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
I don't think you understand that everyone's vegan burger is not the same.....

This is like saying your work cafeteria burger is going to beat out Houston's because they got angus too.
They have obviously created a product that people love. Chik-fil-A doesn't have a monopoly on fried chicken filets, Shake Shack isn't the only one with ground beef patties etc etc etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta