U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:14 PM

481 posts, read 168,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I get what you're saying, but I disagree with your general point because while SOME of these areas are hotter than us in the summer, MOST are within a few degrees.

Of the ones that are significantly hotter... let's say below the frost line in Florida... maybe they can be a few degrees warmer on a summer day. But looking at the reverse, Atlanta will frequently be 20 or 30 degrees COOLER than they are during the winter months. So they get to enjoy that benefit while only having to give up a small amount in the summer.

And if you break it down and look at temps, many of these places are really not significantly hotter than Atlanta in the summer. They may not have 4 seasons. But that's fine, because as far as I'm concerned, you can have winter.

Just as a quick example, here are forecast high temps for today:

Atlanta - 91
Houston - 99 (ok, that's really hot!)
New Orleans - 92
Dallas - 102 (yuck, Texas sucks)
Macon - 96
Mobile - 93
Jacksonville - 95
Orlando - 92 (just one degree warmer)
Tampa - 89 (yes, it's actually COOLER in Tampa)
Miami - 90 (cooler in Miami, too, how 'bout that?)
Bruh come on.

Look at the average humidity and heat index of those places and how long it stays hot and humid each year compared to ATL.

I grew up a hour away from Pensacola and it’s a sauna down there 6 months out of the year and I didn’t even realize it until I moved away and visited. Can’t even wear a sweater on Christmas Day down there on some years.

Atlanta actually has a spring and fall. If you actually think Mobile or freaking Miami feel the same as Atlanta most of the spring through fall you have a weird tolerance for muggy steamy weather.

Last edited by Otakumaster; Today at 03:51 PM..

Old Today, 03:48 PM

965 posts, read 951,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
Bruh come on.

Look at the average humidity and heat index of those places and how long it stays hot and humid each year compared to ATL.

I grew up a hour away from Pensacola and it’s a sauna down there 6 months out of the year and I didn’t even realize it until I moved away and visited. Can’t even wear a sweater on Christmas Day on some years.

Atlanta actually has a spring and fall. If you actually think Mobile or freaking Miami feel the same as Atlanta most of the spring through fall you have a weird tolerance for muggy steamy weather.
South GA is a different climate too. Especially when you get around Albany and even more so in the border counties. 95 degreee in Albany feels like 110. It’s so hot, you literally run your A/C full blast for an hour/hour and a half to get cool enough to turn to 70 degrees. And those gnats will drive you insane.

But as for why we love Atlanta: Because it’s the best thing smoking in the South.

4 seasons, beautiful city, nice urban neighborhoods mixed with nice urban sprawl. Friendly people (relative to other big cities), good restaurants, good economy. Good geographical location, and lastly, its ever changing and perpetually booming atmosphere is intoxicating to be quite honest.

Old Today, 03:52 PM

1,608 posts, read 2,298,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
Bruh come on.

I grew up a hour away from Pensacola and itís a sauna down there 6 months out of the year and I didnít even realize it until I moved away and visited. Canít even wear a sweater on Christmas Day on some years.

Iíd take Atlanta weather over any other major metro in the South honestly. Iím from Texas and live in Houston. Grew up a hour and 30 mins away from DFW and Iíve been to a gang of major cities in the south. Atlanta hands down has the mildest most tolerable temps imo. Summers are not brutal, winters are no extremely cold, spring and fall are beautiful. The pollen pollution is my only major gripe with Atlanta weather but I was use to that growing up in East Texas.

Old Today, 06:38 PM

461 posts, read 305,785 times
The sun shines everyday. The roads are made of gold. Candy canes grow from the pine tree's, or excuse me money tree's. Everybody gets a brick 2000 sq ft house free. There are no taxes and everybody loves each other. You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream.

Old Today, 07:28 PM

15,377 posts, read 27,629,812 times
^^ Awesome. OP: Feel free to check out the 57 threads that have keywords Love and Atlanta in the search bar. With as many people here as there are, suffice to say a few like, er, love it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or