U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 11:34 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,504,927 times

Advertisements

FLying into ATL on a Saturday morning, for an Sat evening wedding.
Thinknig of going to the Aquarium from the airport.

How much of a hassle is it to rent a car at ATL? I have vowed to NEVER rent a car at JFK because getting to the rental cars is such a hassle. Same with the return.

THen, at the aquarium, how crazy will it be on a saturday in October? Lots of kids? Thinking of maybe going on Monday instead, but then I guess there'll be a lot of school groups.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:38 AM

1,183 posts, read 1,029,916 times
Aquarium will be crazy on a Saturday, although it is somewhat designed with large viewing tanks so as to minimize the problem.

Rental car is a breeze. If I remember correctly, the rental car center is just one more stop on the airport train? So it's near the airport, but not connected by building, only by free train. But super simple to get in and out of

Old Today, 01:23 PM

5,211 posts, read 3,372,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
FLying into ATL on a Saturday morning, for an Sat evening wedding.
Thinknig of going to the Aquarium from the airport.

How much of a hassle is it to rent a car at ATL? I have vowed to NEVER rent a car at JFK because getting to the rental cars is such a hassle. Same with the return.

THen, at the aquarium, how crazy will it be on a saturday in October? Lots of kids? Thinking of maybe going on Monday instead, but then I guess there'll be a lot of school groups.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Renting a car at the airport is easy as can be. Exit the airport on the west end near baggage claim, and follow the signs to the rental car train. Take it to the rental car terminal. All the rental car agencies are in one place there.

Are you renting a car just to go to the aquarium, or are the two mutually exclusive? I don't know where you're staying, but the Aquarium is only about 2/3 mile from a MARTA stop, which also has a stop at the airport.

Old Today, 01:58 PM

2,318 posts, read 911,567 times
I'd just take MARTA rail if I were you. It will be a pain parking downtown ... unless that is you are going to other places. If that's the case then yes, rent a car.

Old Today, 03:37 PM

2,394 posts, read 3,772,875 times
The rental car train is referred to as the Sky Train

https://martaguide.com/things-to-kno...anta-skytrain/

So there are three possible trains at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport

1) The Plane Train - this is after you go through security and takes you from concourse to concourse where the flight gates are located

2) The Sky Train - this is outside of the main terminal on the west end. This takes you to the rental car center and Georgia International Convention Center. This is Free

3) Marta - this will the rail transportation for the Metro Atlanta area and will take you through the main artery of the city including downtown

Old Today, 03:40 PM

10,713 posts, read 7,612,084 times
Renting car from the airport is not bad. Parking are logistics downtown with the car will be a pain. MARTA is a good option to consider. Or Uber / Lyft too.

Old Today, 03:45 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,504,927 times
THe aquarium doesn't have a parking lot?

We are headed up to Emory for a wedding that evening, and then visiting relatives about an hour north of Atlanta. If we weren't doing the visit, I'd just Uber.

Old Today, 03:52 PM

10,713 posts, read 7,612,084 times
Quote:

We are headed up to Emory for a wedding that evening, and then visiting relatives about an hour north of Atlanta. If we weren't doing the visit, I'd just Uber.

There are a couple garages on the north side of the aquarium / park. They can fill up on busy days. But there are thousands of parking spots in the area. You can find something if driving is necessary for the rest of your trip and costs are not a major concern.

Old Today, 04:50 PM

5,211 posts, read 3,372,062 times
Quote:

Yes. The aquarium does have a parking garage. I've never had a problem getting a spot there, but I also haven't gone on the busiest days. There are plenty of parking opportunities nearby. You will not have a problem finding it...only figuring out where the best deal is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta