U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 08:09 AM

5,508 posts, read 3,895,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Because being a minority and supporting Trump would simply be downright disgusting. Personally, I don't care who the candidate is, anyone that has the best chance of getting that dude out of the white house i'd vote for em. The fact that there were even enough votes to get him elected was laughable in itself honestly. In what's supposed to be the greatest country on earth, this is our president lol. *shrug*
Be careful what you wish for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
He is occupier in office #Love you Ayanna Pressley. Clinton and Sanders are not comparable. Clinton was invested in the for-profit prison industry (that disproportionately affects blacks and Hispanics). It's also annoying how she takes pictures next to black people as a photo op. I understand that you don't want trump in office but this doesn't mean that we should just "vote for anybody." The establishment thought people would do this and went ahead and threw Sanders under the bus. Supporters saw this and in return chose not to vote for Clinton. Sanders wants to legalize marijuana and implement criminal justice reform. He's been pretty consistent on this policy. This would at least be a good start.
I think anyone over the age of 65 should be barred for running for office.

As for Sanders, the guy is a straight up wuss for caving to the HRC machine. "Independent" my [posterior].

Quote:
Also clear student loans, which though the issue affects many students, it greatly contributes to the wealth gap between blacks and whites. This would also help out black people.
Cool, so do I get a $33,000 check from Uncle Sam since I paid off my loans? Or am I just screwed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 08:58 AM

3,253 posts, read 1,512,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Be careful what you wish for.

I think anyone over the age of 65 should be barred for running for office.

As for Sanders, the guy is a straight up wuss for caving to the HRC machine. "Independent" my [posterior].

Cool, so do I get a $33,000 check from Uncle Sam since I paid off my loans? Or am I just screwed?

As long as they are fit to run, I disagree about the age. Usually you can tell when someone has begun to go senile. McCain was a good example. I'm unfamiliar with what you are saying regarding the human rights campaign. He has been advocating for human rights for a long time. He was active during the Civil Rights Movement and he is trying to reform the criminal "justice" system that denies many black men basic human/civil rights.

You wouldn't be screwed. If something isn't done about the student loan crisis, you will be though. W e have a lot of old people retiring and if the generations that are supporting the system is locked down in student debt, this can have serious consequences for our economy. A lot of people were led by the media and made comments like u made and guess what happened...the home owners were NOT bailed out by the govt but big corporations and big banks instead. Our "for the people" government bailed out them versus the masses. Although it wasn't a vast majority that were experiencing foreclosure, it's pretty safe to say that the recession/depression affected all of us, especially Millennials who still feel the stings of it to this day

Old 08-23-2019, 09:09 AM

5,508 posts, read 3,895,233 times
Quote:
As long as they are fit to run, I disagree about the age. Usually you can tell when someone has begun to go senile. McCain was a good example.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Usually you can tell when someone has begun to go senile. McCain was a good example. I'm unfamiliar with what you are saying regarding the human rights campaign. He has been advocating for human rights for a long time. He was active during the Civil Rights Movement and he is trying to reform the criminal "justice" system that denies many black men basic human/civil rights.
By "HRC machine" I meant Clinton (not the Human Rights Campaign).

Quote:
You wouldn't be screwed. If something isn't done about the student loan crisis, you will be though. W e have a lot of old people retiring and if the generations that are supporting the system is locked down in student debt, this can have serious consequences for our economy. A lot of people were led by the media and made comments like u made and guess what happened...the home owners were NOT bailed out by the govt but big corporations and big banks instead. Our "for the people" government bailed out them versus the masses. Although it wasn't a vast majority that were experiencing foreclosure, it's pretty safe to say that the recession/depression affected all of us, especially Millennials who still feel the stings of it to this day
Does Sanders' (and Warren's, etc.) plan also have a fail-safe to curtail disbursement of future student loans so that we would not have to do another bailout 20 years from now?

Old 08-23-2019, 09:11 AM

29,561 posts, read 26,619,370 times
Quote:
I'd love to get reimbursed for the student loans I've paid off, as well as all the tuition and living expenses we've paid for others. As well as the 18% mortgage rates we had to pay back in the 1970s and 80s. Not to mention all those high tax rates we had to pay. Plus building roads, dams, airports, MARTA, schools, and so on.

If we could get that money back as well as all the other stuff we've had to pay for over the decades, growing old would be a whole lot easier.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:39 AM

23,606 posts, read 17,815,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'd love to get reimbursed for the student loans I've paid off, as well as all the tuition and living expenses we've paid for others. As well as the 18% mortgage rates we had to pay back in the 1970s and 80s. Not to mention all those high tax rates we had to pay. Plus building roads, dams, airports, MARTA, schools, and so on.

If we could get that money back as well as all the other stuff we've had to pay for over the decades, growing old would be a whole lot easier.
Don't worry, we are paying for your Medicare and SS now.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:21 AM

1,639 posts, read 2,319,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Killer Mike is financial benefiting from Atlanta taxpayers giving $142M for State Farm Arena renovation.
first time I ever heard of this. Not calling you a liar but where did you get this information from? Just curious

Old 08-23-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
first time I ever heard of this. Not calling you a liar but where did you get this information from? Just curious
https://transformation.hawks.com/nei...rch/swag-shop/

Old 08-23-2019, 11:54 AM

29,561 posts, read 26,619,370 times
Quote:
Well, a lot of us old timers are still paying in ourselves.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Because you have to or want to keep working?

Old 08-23-2019, 01:25 PM

3,253 posts, read 1,512,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Fair enough.

By "HRC machine" I meant Clinton (not the Human Rights Campaign).

Does Sanders' (and Warren's, etc.) plan also have a fail-safe to curtail disbursement of future student loans so that we would not have to do another bailout 20 years from now?
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Because you have to or want to keep working?

1) LOL. LOL (I was far off). I didn't really see it as caving unless you have something to share regarding that. I remember the establishment lending all their support to Hillary. A lot of people talked about trump and Russia at the time but I found it very concerning the ethical issues surrounding bankrolling the DNC and how that presents a significant conflict of interest. I believe this is "the machine" or a part of what they do you're referring to.

It's not easy to answer your question. Number one just the interest rates on loans alone needs to be addressed. Number two, there are structural issues that need attention. I'm not sure if I have the energy to get into it. It does involve income disparity as well as a higher cost of living though.

2) I hear you Arjay but you're literally making the same argument a lot of Americans were brainwashed into making regarding bail outs. What's going to happen is the people won't get bailed out, however, big banks, insurance companies, etc., will. Americans need to start looking out for each other and not the most wealthy in this country. I will never understand the admiration and sheer will to fight for the most wealthy in this country at the expense of their own and the poor...
And Arjay, I'm still upset that older Americans allowed the kind of politics that was allowed from 1970's all the way up until now. I mean this in terms of affordable housing, a two-tiered criminal justice system that has devastated many black/Hispanic families and communities/war on drugs, voting and keeping racist presidents in power and ignoring their racism, the continuing transfer of wealth from the poor, middle class, to the ultra wealthy in this country, etc. Growing old would have been a lot easier if we didn't have so many people fighting for the 1 per cent versus the 99.

3) Yes, we are paying and just wait until even more retire. Their population is nowhere near finished retiring and most of our "leaders" are not and will not address this until it is too late.

4) You're still paying into the system but trust me that our generation and the ones coming up will largely be responsible for paying for your Medicare and SS. Your demographic is just so massive and they're still voting...
5) Dude, I keep thinking of how they're benefiting at our expense. You have cannabis being legalized in how many states because now that they have arthritis, suddenly it's not so bad and more and more are voting for legalization, where decades of the war on drugs, have imprisoned so many of our most vulnerable and not for a few months a year but for their entire life think economic imprisonment for example. You know what...let me respond to another thread. I'm feeling exhausted and disgusted by it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or