U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

550 posts, read 190,172 times

Advertisements

Received this in an email...sharing with the group...

DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER
AJC

POSITION SUMMARY: The Digital Content Producer produces audience focused content with a focus on viral/trending stories and fulfilling AJC sponsorships. The producer works closely with the Content Manager to grow sponsorships and The AJC audience, while also optimizing content for increase revenue. .

JOB TASKS
• Writes original content as assigned by content lead and/or content manager
• Produces high-quality content ideas that are engaging and on-point
• Manages work of freelancers who create and/or source content for viral/trending and revenue initiatives
• May attend daily newsroom meetings to plan coverage for the day..."

FULL JOB DETAILS: https://jobs.coxenterprises.com/Show...hLocation=none
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM

8,423 posts, read 10,384,302 times
Newspapers are tough gigs.

Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM

3,231 posts, read 1,501,959 times
Thanks for always sharing job posts.

Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM

13,454 posts, read 17,107,215 times
"Digital Content Producer" is the new name for what we used to simply call "reporters" and "editors."

All content is created for digital platforms first. The print product is secondary. Unless you're on special teams or projects, where they still practice some degree of actual journalism, I think.

Old Today, 02:36 AM

550 posts, read 190,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Thanks for always sharing job posts.
YW...

Old Today, 05:30 AM

8,423 posts, read 10,384,302 times
So true, but I don't know if I'd want "digital" anywhere in my title at a newspaper these days.

I'm not sure what's going on at AJC, but there's a ton of turmoil at the LA Times, which can't get its digital numbers up. Of course, it all comes down to the content producers, and they have to do all the heavy lifting and catch all the blame even though they really only have partial control of what happens with subscribers. As always, there are boneheads on the upper floors usurping the hard work of the newsroom, I'm sure.

I doubt the AJC has the same lofty goals as the LA Times to achieve NY Times or Washington Post numbers, but the pressure to get digital subscribers from a population that is used to advertising-driven free content and is generally opposed to paying for it, is pretty much signing up for a frustrating career of banging your head against a wall and being taken to task for things beyond your control. I think the dust will eventually settle and the model will work itself out... but it's going to be extremely rough water for a decade or two until that happens.

Anyway, I wish luck to the AJC. The free media is probably the single most important thing in our society.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/02/media...ces/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or