U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 01:19 PM

5,287 posts, read 4,339,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Rockdale County would hugely benefit from a MARTA station at Stonecrest Mall at the edge of DeKalb, just like Forsyth County would have benefited nicely from one at Windward Pkwy at the edge of Fulton.

MARTA operating in its originally intended 5 core counties would be great, and MARTA also operating in some others like Rockdale and Douglas and Henry would be great. But what would be really great, is if MARTA train lines more fully covered the area of the 3 counties that it currently serves, plus at least a little bit of Cobb and maybe a little bit of Gwinnett.

If we could just get ITP fully and ideally covered by a MARTA network, plus the OTP sections of the MARTA counties, then I mean these suburban OTP counties could make use of that, and focus on simply accessing that system.

Also, regional commuter rail. That would be great. But we can't have nice things around here for some reason.
Commuter rail is what Rockdale County needs. The line would go: Conyers-Lithonia-Stone Mountain-Clarkston-Avondale, perhaps downtown Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:04 AM

805 posts, read 1,756,549 times
Great Job, I love fantasy transit maps. I think your map is very zealous for Rockdale county. Current population and demographics of the county would not warrant that kind of extensive bus system. Rockdale is still a sub/exurban community with upper-middle class demographics, which are quickly changing.

A good bus system type for Rockdale would be keeping the current express routes in the county. Adding a new Express route to Indian Creek that stops at all of the Park and Ride lots along 20 would be beneficial to all the residents. I think 4 routes similar to Douglas County system, would be a perfect model for Rockdale county to emulate.

Here are a few examples of suburban/exurban systems that Rockdale could emulate.

http://www.celebratedouglascounty.co...eRouteMap2.pdf

https://www.cityofstockbridge.com/pv...20734&catid=70

https://www.cherokeega.com/Transport...route-service/

Old Today, 03:34 PM

4,400 posts, read 6,089,264 times
I still think a 30 minute service on about 3 of those routes would be beneficial for the county.

The Sigman Road (red line) route would be a nice one from Indian Creek or Stonecrest to the various stop points.

Same for the green line. I would stop at the horse park though.

A circulator route that connects to the red and green lines that goes through downtown conyers as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or