Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 05:05 PM

184 posts, read 205,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...2O5h0Z1hiBLsK/

I just can't wrap my head around this crime. This woman had a charmed life--rich and with two gorgeous and accomplished children just starting their adult lives. She seemed to love them and was enjoying their company up to the end.

So why??? I guess she suffered from severe depression or some other mental illness, but I don't think I've ever heard of another murder-suicide by a woman under these circumstances.

I suppose we'll get details as the investigation moves forward.
The medical profession has one of the highest suicide rates. Perfectionist tendencies lead to depression and a lifetime of struggling with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 05:21 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,512,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
We probably dont know the full details on this ladies personality and the way she really treated her children. Only what the media wants you to see. That and wealth does not always = happiness.
This whole situation makes no sense. I’m usually pretty good about accepting things as they are and not being a conspiracy theorist, but I’m not believing this woman committed this crime. I need receipts.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:18 PM

297 posts, read 271,494 times
This is another truly bizarre crime for Cobb Co - this occurred about a mile from the infamous hot car death case. I read the AJC was trying to get more details on the investigation. I guess we'll see what else was present and if there was a suicide note. I've never heard of a case like this. Maybe there was something that the children confronted her about and some argument ensued. I thought I read the crime scene did not show any struggle but I could be wrong. I would assume that this is still being investigated. Really sad to hear about those 2 kids having their life ended as they had so much promise.

Old 08-24-2019, 09:10 PM

11 posts, read 7,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
I was shocked that the children were young adults and not youth. Often you hear the logic of why someone kills their children is that they believe they would be better off dead then living with the loss of the parent. I kind of understand where that thought process comes from but it totally does not make sense with young adults.
That struck me too when I first read about it. Women will kill their young children in a murder suicide, but not adult children??? All 3 were accomplished high achievers, good looking, comfortably off, known and highly respected in their community. Why why why? I guess we have to wait for more info.

Old 08-24-2019, 09:32 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Unfortunately in the black community, treatment for mental health issues is a stigma. Black people in the south are so deep rooted in religion that when there are issues you usually just get "pray about it" or "let me pray for you." I had severe anxiety issues when I was younger and that's basically all I ever got from my parents. Take me to church and have them to pray for me which of course did nothing to help me. Wasn't until I broke away from the church that I actually decided to talk to my doctor about it and at that point I was in my 30's. One recommendation for a medication by him and i'm able to live normally without overly stressing about any and everything. Id lived my life like that for so long that I didn't even know how to act just feeling normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
I've been searching the web for the inside scoop on this family. I was hoping to find that the mom was a narcissist and the kids were spoiled privileged brats--anything to explain how something this horrible could have happened. So far, I can find nothing. The children have both been described as very sweet, hardworking and ambitious. The mom apparently had a close relationship with them.

Someone who claimed to know them on another forum said that the ex husband and the mom had been divorced for years. He was said to be a womanizer, but since they had already been divorced for so long I don't see how that could be a factor. Although she was very accomplished in her own right, the mother was described as being a stepford wife type.

The only clue I could find is that the woman's mother had passed away recently. Perhaps that brought on major depression? She had put up a facebook post about it. I'm thinking that since she was so accomplished, she might have been more motivated to keep up appearances. I know I'm reaching but nothing else seems to make sense.

Thanks for sharing this. It is a huge problem for our community. You definitely can't pray away a brain imbalance any more than a diabetic can use prayer in place of insulin. I also suffered for years with depression just thinking feeling that way was normal. I wish mental illness weren't so stigmatized.

Very good points. I want to add that I've had people tell me I need to be in church. Most of my anxiety/depression is actually a result of abuse from religious individuals/institutions. Counseling definitely helps. It's very sad to see people with problems not getting the help they need, especially when they can afford it. I wish all could afford to get help, but I see a lot of people not considering it due to the cost.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:20 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Sometimes we never know what causes people to snap.

Old 08-25-2019, 08:17 AM

297 posts, read 271,494 times
The social media posts are what is throwing everyone off. That was one aspect about the Watts murders that was so strange.

Old 08-25-2019, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,341 times
This reminds me of Noera Ayaz case. Her husband was the first at the scene. He was bizarrely quiet and his reaction to the news very very suspect. But no investigation was done whatsoever. She was an advocate for abused women particularly muslim, another red flag that she may have been abused too.

there should be a thorough investigation into this alleged 'murder-suicide' including who had financial incentives or needed the victims' silence.

Old 08-26-2019, 11:59 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,622,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltop180 View Post
The social media posts are what is throwing everyone off. That was one aspect about the Watts murders that was so strange.
Yeah but if you look on her daughters page she has not one picture of her Mother on her Instagram page. As close as they looked on the Mother’s page, you would assume the daughter would atleast do the same but maybe the Mother had a obsessive but loving relationship with her children? She even has a picture or 2 with her Brother but none of her parents.

Old 08-26-2019, 02:37 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Sometimes we never know what causes people to snap.
There was a appeals court judge in Albany who apparently committed suicide last weekend, Stephen Goss. The people who knew him were stunned, thinking it had to have been a homicide. He did a lot of work on mental health and substance abuse. But its been ruled a suicide.
https://www.albanyherald.com/local/g...c7cf827b7.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta