U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2019, 07:45 PM

7 posts, read 1,840 times

Advertisements

Looking for names of larger, newish communities with nice amenities, like neighborhood pool , in Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Milton.....

Price Range 450-600k

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM

10,043 posts, read 9,452,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator50 View Post
Looking for names of larger, newish communities with nice amenities, like neighborhood pool , in Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Milton.....

Price Range 450-600k

Thank you
Not sure exactly your definition of "newish," but check out St Marlo, Olde Atlanta Club, Three Chimneys, Laurel Springs and adjacent communities.

Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM

3,509 posts, read 5,163,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator50 View Post

Price Range 450-600k

Thank you
If you want new communities with amenities, with homes built within the last 5 years, most of them start at $700k. I just closed on a house in 3 chimney's & paid $450k for a 20 year old house built in 1999. I spent about 3 months looking at homes & made an offer for a home in the Polo Club which fell through, and seriously considered two others up there before I made an offer on the 3 chimney's home.

At $450k you are either going to get a home under 2500 which is remodeled & up to date, larger homes will usually be on non-premium lots "backing up to a main street or on one, or yard". For a 3500 square foot move in ready home with a nice lot then you are looking at $550k in these areas. The closer to Alpharetta you get the more expensive.

Milton, most homes with amenities in Milton start around $700k, but are custom built homes with a ton of features & big lots.

Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM

1,313 posts, read 588,993 times
You’re probably not going to find anything fewer than ten years old or so at that price point in North Fulton. You will probably have to look in Cumming.

Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM

978 posts, read 3,521,601 times
If you’re willing to spend closer to $600k, then check out Bellmoore Park in Johns Creek:

https://theprovidencegroup.com/bellmoore-park

It definitely meets the definition of large, as I think they are eventually planning on building over 500 houses. They have excellent amenities- large pool, 8 lit tennis courts, multiple parks and green space, etc. It’s in the Northview HS zone, so great schools (though super competitive).

They have some really nice floorplans too. Keep in mind the lots are tiny, even by today’s new construction standards.
We looked there when we were hunting, but eventually ended up buying in South Forsyth.

Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM

4,470 posts, read 4,132,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue 99 View Post
If youíre willing to spend closer to $600k, then check out Bellmoore Park in Johns Creek:

It definitely meets the definition of large, as I think they are eventually planning on building over 500 houses. They have excellent amenities- large pool, 8 lit tennis courts, multiple parks and green space, etc. Itís in the Northview HS zone, so great schools (though super competitive).

They have some really nice floorplans too. Keep in mind the lots are tiny, even by todayís new construction standards.
We looked there when we were hunting, but eventually ended up buying in South Forsyth.

Its crazy those same exact type of new homes are like $200K cheaper in the Lithonia area for the same exact type house.

Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM

13,226 posts, read 20,979,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Its crazy those same exact type of new homes are like $200K cheaper in the Lithonia area for the same exact type house.
Schools make a big difference in housing costs.

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM

8,434 posts, read 10,409,302 times
Location, location, location!

Old Today, 09:37 AM

3,509 posts, read 5,163,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue 99 View Post
If youíre willing to spend closer to $600k, then check out Bellmoore Park in Johns Creek:

It definitely meets the definition of large, as I think they are eventually planning on building over 500 houses. They have excellent amenities- large pool, 8 lit tennis courts, multiple parks and green space, etc. Itís in the Northview HS zone, so great schools (though super competitive).

They have some really nice floorplans too. Keep in mind the lots are tiny, even by todayís new construction standards.
I went there & drove into the neighborhood, never got out of my car when I saw how small the lots were. They should change the advertising to more accurately reflect the lot size "Now selling detached town houses".

If you look at their 3500 square foot house, you are going to spend $700k vs. $500k for a resale in South Forsyth which has a much better lot.

Old Today, 10:51 AM
fzx

387 posts, read 393,466 times
Given the tight labor market, any newly-built are charging a premium over the existing houses. I am not sure your definition of "newish" but this house may fit your criteria.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...08598273_zpid/

I forget the name of the neighborhood but I drive by it pretty often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or