U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:28 AM

1,272 posts, read 1,011,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Where did you read that I said he was entitled to anything?

Quote:
It shouldn't have happened but she sure did invite it.
Quote:
If she didn't want drama from that kind of a situation she never should have accepted his gifts.
Accepting gifts is an invitation?!? A gift or a favor is neither of those things if there are strings attached.

Quote:
Just in general most guys, especially men of power, when they target someone and start cherishing them...they want something...
They can want all they want. No woman is obligated to return that desire.

Quote:
Nobody in that kind of a position, especially with a large amount of power gives out in the respect that he was giving to White without wanting something back.
I.e., he felt [/i]entitled[/i] to getting something back.

If I rep your posts, should I feel like you owe me something back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:38 AM

2,443 posts, read 951,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeadParrot View Post

Accepting gifts is an invitation?!? A gift or a favor is neither of those things if there are strings attached.

They can want all they want. No woman is obligated to return that desire.

I.e., he felt [/i]entitled[/i] to getting something back.

If I rep your posts, should I feel like you owe me something back?
There's a difference between 'inviting' and 'entitling' Nowhere did I say he was 'entitled'

inviting means she opened herself up to possible misfortune by accepting LARGE GIFTS - REPETEADLY over a short period of time. Nobody does that to that large of a decree unless there is emotional attachment involved... and emotional attachment IS OKAY if she was not already in a relationship and she were open to him possibly growing attached to her. You can't just say it's just a gift when the dude pays for a family vacation on top of medical bills and even practically erases your criminal history, that is screaming that he is attached.

It's OKAY to accept gifts from a giver but if someone is giving TOO MUCH there is a problem.

If she did not want it to get out of hand she should have ended it before it got to that point.

If the dude brought her a few groceries, maybe paid for a few tanks of gas then yes... easily forgivable but these are not just gifts, they are extremely expensive gifts and he is just showering her with. If he had a history of being so charitable to other people then it would make alot more sense but he solely targeted her with these gifts.

Where the heck is common sense in this country... It's no wonder so many people get victemized.

Would you seriously take a family vacation on your bosses dime and pay off major medical bills and even have your criminal record completely erased and suddenly become shocked if your boss pulled a fast one on you like you never saw it coming?

Last edited by Need4Camaro; Today at 11:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or