U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-10-2019, 01:59 PM
bu2
 
10,318 posts, read 6,635,208 times
Reputation: 4339

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
This is not the midterms and Senate elections are very different than house elections or governorship elections. These two events aren't even comparable. All the Trumpers will be out in full force in 2020 for this election because their hero will be on the ballot this time. This is nothing like what happened in the midterms. Ossoff is going to get crushed.
Ossoff won't win the primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-10-2019, 02:04 PM
 
943 posts, read 384,743 times
Reputation: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
Hot takes galore in this thread!



Except that Republicans turn out better for special elections than Democrats do, which means that running during a midterm or especially a presidential election year gives Democrats a better change compared with a special election year.



And yet while this was not enough to flip the 6th in 2017, in fact it flipped in 2018 without a huge influx of "west coast money." That's because a special election in 2017 was really a super unfavorable matchup for Ossoff, and he would have been much better off in 2018 (not to say Ossoff did a great job with 2017 or anything).

With all that said, Ossoff is boring af and I hope we find people way better to challenge for the two open Senate seats under contention in 2020 in Georgia.



Trump being on the ballot is going to be a huge difference maker. He wasn't on the ballot in 2017 or 2018. Just because Repubs vote more in special elections than Democrats means nothing when Trump wasn't on the ballot. Trump has a lot of support in the state of Georgia despite the metro area and it is going to make a difference at the ballot box. This election has nothing in common with midterm or special elections from that perspective they are totally different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 02:05 PM
 
2,556 posts, read 985,855 times
Reputation: 1950
This Trumpstorm needs to end before it sinks the boat. It's unbelievable how much support this man gets for his ridiculous actions and practically breaking the world economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 02:08 PM
 
943 posts, read 384,743 times
Reputation: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Ossoff won't win the primary.

Depends. He certainly isn't qualified. Is he going against Ted Terry and Teresa Tomlinson? Both are far more accomplished than Ossoff. There are two seats to run for so he better choose wisely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 02:11 PM
 
943 posts, read 384,743 times
Reputation: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
This Trumpstorm needs to end before it sinks the boat. It's unbelievable how much support this man gets for his ridiculous actions and practically breaking the world economy.

Trump has nothing to do with the world economy. Economy is doing just fine here in America which is all that should matter to anyone on here. European economy has been dragging since President Obama's first term. China's economy is in trouble recently because of their own selfish policies towards not only America but the rest of the world as well. If you are trying to blame the world economy on Trump that is beyond dishonest and ludicrous. Trump deserves blame for a lot of things there is no need to manufacture issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 03:40 PM
bu2
 
10,318 posts, read 6,635,208 times
Reputation: 4339
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Depends. He certainly isn't qualified. Is he going against Ted Terry and Teresa Tomlinson? Both are far more accomplished than Ossoff. There are two seats to run for so he better choose wisely.
The carpetbagger had a massive money advantage, massive media advantage, massive enthusiasm advantage and faced a controversial, lackluster candidate and still lost a race that a much lower budget Democrat won 2 years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 03:44 PM
 
2,556 posts, read 985,855 times
Reputation: 1950
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Trump has nothing to do with the world economy. Economy is doing just fine here in America which is all that should matter to anyone on here. European economy has been dragging since President Obama's first term. China's economy is in trouble recently because of their own selfish policies towards not only America but the rest of the world as well. If you are trying to blame the world economy on Trump that is beyond dishonest and ludicrous. Trump deserves blame for a lot of things there is no need to manufacture issues.
It was Trump who started the trade wars. When is the last time you have attempted to import goods from Asia? Over 300,000 jobs have been lost over that nonsense. They predict by the end of 2020 a toll of 900,000 jobs over that alone.

This:
Is the result of those tarifs...at my local Frys Electronics store:





















=====

On top of the stock market is literally on the verge of collapse and mortgage interest rates have dropped at an all time low since 2008 (at 2.8%) which means people are hesitating on buying. The job market is still 'ok' for now but that doesn't mean it's going to remain that way. We are very likely heading into another recession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 03:51 PM
 
1,444 posts, read 814,406 times
Reputation: 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Trump being on the ballot is going to be a huge difference maker. He wasn't on the ballot in 2017 or 2018. Just because Repubs vote more in special elections than Democrats means nothing when Trump wasn't on the ballot. Trump has a lot of support in the state of Georgia despite the metro area and it is going to make a difference at the ballot box. This election has nothing in common with midterm or special elections from that perspective they are totally different.
Trump isn't that popular in Georgia compared to other southern states. Georgia is one of the few that was closer in 2016 than 2012 and 2008. A black woman democrat almost become governor in 2018 , and Democrats usually do worse in off years.

A Biden ticket could win Georgia, and pull the Senate seats up with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 04:39 PM
 
943 posts, read 384,743 times
Reputation: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
Trump isn't that popular in Georgia compared to other southern states. Georgia is one of the few that was closer in 2016 than 2012 and 2008. A black woman democrat almost become governor in 2018 , and Democrats usually do worse in off years.

A Biden ticket could win Georgia, and pull the Senate seats up with him.
Does Biden even know what day of the week it is? Dude is an elderly out of touch white guy who looks like he needs help putting on his clothes. That isnít going to beat the rabid Trumpies on a presidential election year. Hopefully there is another option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2019, 04:43 PM
 
Location: City of Atlanta
2,760 posts, read 1,747,271 times
Reputation: 3856
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Does Biden even know what day of the week it is? Dude is an elderly out of touch white guy who looks like he needs help putting on his clothes. That isnít going to beat the rabid Trumpies on a presidential election year. Hopefully there is another option.
Same could be said of Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top