U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 03:47 PM

10 posts, read 2,444 times

Advertisements

Dear all,

I was driving on a double lanes road on each side of the traffic and there is a middle lane divided the 2 sides.
I had a dash broad camera and even the car in front of me was passing that school bus as well. We were in the opposite direction. I have an out of state driver license.
Anyhow, I was issued a citation by a police officer.
The officer said if I pay for the ticket, I will not need to go to the court.
As I tried to pay for it, I was unable to locate the info in the system.
I called the traffic court clerk yesterday, and she told me I might be able to pay for it in person. So I went to a traffic court to pay for it today and the clerk was also unable to find any info about my citation as well.
I called the Police Department, the lady was able to find it but she said that I am waiting for a court date.
My physical address is out of state and if they send me a court date, I will not be able to receive it at all since I am in Georgia and I am at least 800 miles away from home. I am currently working in Georgia.
Since the police officer said that I can pay for it online, but when I spoke with a clerk in a police department, she told me a different story.
What should I do now? Who is right and who is wrong.
As of now, the traffic court still unable to find the citation in the system.
Please help me.

Chuck

Last edited by gypsy life; 09-10-2019 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: added info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 04:42 PM

5,328 posts, read 4,363,602 times
Do you mean a five-lane road with a center turn-lane? If so, yes, you should have stopped.

You'll have to contact the municipality that issued you the ticket.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:56 PM

10 posts, read 2,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Do you mean a five-lane road with a center turn-lane? If so, yes, you should have stopped.

You'll have to contact the municipality that issued you the ticket.
I did contact the municipality today.
There is no information about the citation issued to me.
The clerk said that they will send me a court date but my physical address is 800 miles away.
Is that mean there is no way to access the court date online by entering the citation number/case number?
If I received a court date, I will probably move to another state by the time I received a court date.
I am a health care professional and I am travelling. I can't wait for that because my next assignment will start on 9/30/2019.
Please help!

Old 09-10-2019, 06:44 PM

8,487 posts, read 10,457,817 times
What county or city issued the citation?

That's odd that it wouldn't be in the system. I would just go to the courthouse in person, present the ticket, and tell the cashier you would like to pay it. As long as you pay before your court date, you should be fine.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:24 PM

621 posts, read 382,336 times
We could possibly help you better if you told us what city/county/court the tickets is issued from and what the date was.
What you described isn't unusual if you just got the ticket within the last few days.

Old 09-11-2019, 02:21 PM

23,656 posts, read 17,909,591 times
Pay your fine! You put kids in danger!

Old 09-11-2019, 03:05 PM

2,588 posts, read 1,000,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Pay your fine! You put kids in danger!
Did you even read this post before posting this?

Also in some states it is not illegal for oncoming traffic to continue driving if the bus stops on the opposite side of a road with a center left turn lane, and the OP is from out of state. Its possible he did not realize it was a law in Georgia.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:17 AM

8,487 posts, read 10,457,817 times
Quote:
You put kids in danger!
Only the stupid ones who don't look both ways.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:09 AM

621 posts, read 382,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Did you even read this post before posting this?

Also in some states it is not illegal for oncoming traffic to continue driving if the bus stops on the opposite side of a road with a center left turn lane, and the OP is from out of state. Its possible he did not realize it was a law in Georgia.
Did we also have the same keep going law here in Ga for a short while?

Old 09-12-2019, 09:45 AM

2,588 posts, read 1,000,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
Did we also have the same keep going law here in Ga for a short while?
Not sure but I don't think so. In Georgia, ever since I started driving, the only place where you do not have to yield to an opposing school bus is a raised median or barrier separated roadway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta