Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2019, 03:05 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,679,355 times

Advertisements

Good grief! This is an odd case, to put it mildly! Does it have a sufficiently twisted plot of the ilk that inspires an eventual movie?

Every week my jaw goes slack at the continuing saga of metro Atlanta politicians & other assorted officials who are exposed &/or indicted for alleged criminal activity.
Frankly speaking, we have nothing on other places that are commonly maligned for public corruption, etc. such as New Jersey or Illinois.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/gwinn...VHz7xCdKP7LgN/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 08:34 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,015,985 times
That Dragon Con guy is one of the sketchiest people on Earth.

Old 09-19-2019, 06:06 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,934,709 times
Why did the judge think someone was trying to access her computer after hours? Was she just paranoid and lacking tech knowledge or was someone actually accessing a sitting judge's files without permission?

Old 09-19-2019, 06:36 AM

11,714 posts, read 7,904,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Good grief! This is an odd case, to put it mildly! Does it have a sufficiently twisted plot of the ilk that inspires an eventual movie?

Every week my jaw goes slack at the continuing saga of metro Atlanta politicians & other assorted officials who are exposed &/or indicted for alleged criminal activity.
Frankly speaking, we have nothing on other places that are commonly maligned for public corruption, etc. such as New Jersey or Illinois.

Yup, I have to agree here. Illinois can be down right ruthless.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:00 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,349,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
Why did the judge think someone was trying to access her computer after hours? Was she just paranoid and lacking tech knowledge or was someone actually accessing a sitting judge's files without permission?

Maybe this thread can get merged with another one. It's about the same case. I was curious about DA Danny Porter who reported her. All the attention seems to be on her and not him.

I'm curious if he was trying to access her files too. I have not seen one word mentioned that he was found not to be spying. I think this needs to be investigated as well as cases he's handled.

https://www.ajc.com/news/victim-fami...nGmfwVZKchh5O/

DA Danny Porter handled this case: Phillip Sailors murdered an innocent person and only got a $500 fine and one year probation while people are being jailed, fined, etc., over non-violent drug possession charges. It's ridiculous!!!

Old 09-21-2019, 10:35 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,691,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
https://www.ajc.com/news/victim-fami...nGmfwVZKchh5O/

DA Danny Porter handled this case: Phillip Sailors murdered an innocent person and only got a $500 fine and one year probation while people are being jailed, fined, etc., over non-violent drug possession charges. It's ridiculous!!!
If the family supported the sentence, what's the point in being upset?

The money from the lawsuit made it easier to move on from the case for them most likely.

Old 09-22-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post

The money from the lawsuit made it easier to move on from the case for them most likely.

Many can't afford to buy a light sentence and that's he got. DA Porter's actions in this case are questionable. I would like to know if DA Porter was indeed spying in this particular case with the now former judge's computer. I still haven't heard any word on that. This whole thing seems fishy to me. Was she onto something and stopped in her tracks or was she paranoid?

Old 09-22-2019, 01:17 PM

32,009 posts, read 36,668,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post

That would be my guess. For the guy's homeowners insurance to apply, his conduct would have to be considered unintentional.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:28 AM

I found a more recent article discussing this entire thing:

https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/lo...c6363f574.html

I think we need to be concerned that an individual in IT who is hired to do a job can be criminally charged like this. I have yet to see any evidence of the accused doing anything to cause harm to the county's computer network. He was hired to do a job and was doing it and then got into trouble for it.

Like I said before, I find this very fishy and concerning that the prosecutor, who is accused by the judge of hacking, was involved in the handling of the dragoncon co-founder.
I'm still curious to know what this 3rd party finds out regarding the hacking. I would like to know who this 3rd party is too.

Old 11-22-2019, 01:36 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,412,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post

There MUST be a movie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: