U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:15 PM

22,794 posts, read 34,834,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmtiger View Post
Well, MMANN - FYI, I'm a Republican and I still think Bush is an idiot and an embarrassment to the party. So is Richardson for that matter. Some public servants just seem to beg for political attacks - I'm always happy to oblige.
You go girl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 08:46 PM

13,455 posts, read 21,932,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmtiger View Post
Well, MMANN - FYI, I'm a Republican and I still think Bush is an idiot and an embarrassment to the party. So is Richardson for that matter. Some public servants just seem to beg for political attacks - I'm always happy to oblige.
So you are one of the people that the "somewhat-old Decatur" is talking about.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:35 AM

401 posts, read 1,570,669 times
Well, I'm pretty much de facto in the middle but am registered as a Republican. I have very seriously considered changing my registration to Democrat in the past few years but it's one of those things I never get around to. I have voted for both. I'm one of those "swing voters" everyone is talking about. I guess that makes me a Demublican or a Republicrat.

Yeah, I guess I am one of those terrible people that he/she was talking about. From my experience, I'm more tolerant than most full on Democrats though.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMANN View Post
Is there any subject where liberals dont turn it into a political attack on Bush?

I guess this post proved my point.
Actually, this is the first time I've seen it; and if this is the worst 'political attack' that he receives on the forum, I think he's getting off lightly.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:31 AM

11,319 posts, read 22,434,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMANN View Post
Is there any subject where liberals dont turn it into a political attack on Bush?
Not all Bush haters are liberals. I voted for GW's father, for example, as well as for Reagan, but I'm embarrassed by the current occupant of the oval office.

The party could have done a lot better. A *lot* better.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Not all Bush haters are liberals. I voted for GW's father, for example, as well as for Reagan, but I'm embarrassed by the current occupant of the oval office.

The party could have done a lot better. A *lot* better.
Good point about his detractors...amazing that he's been able to alienate both ends of the spectrum.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:58 PM

91 posts, read 306,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Actually, this is the first time I've seen it; and if this is the worst 'political attack' that he receives on the forum, I think he's getting off lightly.
As there should'nt be, since this is'nt a site for voicing political opinions. It just sounds so ignorant when people turn a thread about a new elementary school into a bush-bashing thread, however minimal the attacks are. Also, please explain to me how a graduate from Yale is an idiot? I mean, I get what your saying, every Yale grad that I have met is a total idiot.... PLEASE. I think it would be a great name for a school, because it is honoring our nations president. Anyone should be able to respect that, no matter what thier political or idealogical views are. Spare the attacks, whether you are democrat or republican, and voice them at a website affiliated with politics.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:24 PM

401 posts, read 1,570,669 times

Old 04-24-2008, 02:47 PM

13,455 posts, read 21,932,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Here's a name that would go over well in those eastside Atlanta neighborhoods...

George W. Bush Elementary School

This post was not a Bush attack. It was written to show the typical political persuasion/leanings of Atlanta eastside neighborhoods (and have a little fun with ATL politics and demographics! ).

I wasn't going to say anything, but I felt the point of the post was being lost (I thought the meaning/point was obvious...guess I was wrong).

Old 04-24-2008, 08:10 PM

91 posts, read 306,218 times
please read my posts. I was not referring to your comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or