Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2021, 09:15 AM

10,333 posts, read 11,331,839 times

Advertisements

The North Gwinnett County city of Sugar Hill held its 2021 Holiday Celebration on Saturday, December 4th, in its burgeoning downtown village area. Here are some pictures from the evening:

Sugar Hill celebrates holiday season with downtown event (North Gwinnett Voice)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
The North Gwinnett Co-op’s 2021 Holiday Meal Box Program is winding down, and the local nonprofit still needs about 100 meal boxes to provide for its clients in need.

Donations can be made through Wednesday, Dec. 15. Donors can purchase and package the items needed for meal boxes or make $50 donation to sponsor a holiday meal box
North Gwinnett Co-op needs about 100 holiday meal box donations (North Gwinnett Voice)

Old 12-11-2021, 12:00 PM

11,668 posts, read 7,819,726 times
It’s been some time since I’ve been through Sugar Hill. Downtown Buford is among my favorite downtowns in that area. Wonder if they are doing anything special for the Holidays.

Old 12-11-2021, 12:03 PM

Default Holiday Tree Trail at Atlanta Botanical Garden, GAINESVILLE through Jan. 2

Holiday Tree Trail through January 2nd at Atlanta Botanical Garden, GAINESVILLE.
Quote:
Get ready to ring in the yuletide season with the Holiday Tree Trail at the Gainesville Garden. During the third annual display, guests will delight in 6-foot Fraser Firs decorated by local businesses, families and organizations – all in themes of nature. The trees will be displayed November 30 through January 2 in locations nestled into the woodlands while close enough to pathways for easy viewing.

Previous entries have featured themes including edible bird seed ornaments, shelter animals available for adoption, local landmarks, famous women through history and children’s art.
Holiday Tree Trail (Atlanta Botanical Garden, GAINESVILLE)

Old 12-11-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
It’s been some time since I’ve been through Sugar Hill. Downtown Buford is among my favorite downtowns in that area. Wonder if they are doing anything special for the Holidays.
I know that Downtown Buford had a holiday parade and festival last weekend on Saturday, December 4th:
Quote:
On Saturday, Dec. 4, area residents gathered to watch as parade participants made their way through downtown Buford and then took part in a festival during the 2021 Buford Holiday Festival & Parade.
Scenes from the 2021 Buford Holiday Festival & Parade (North Gwinnett Voice)

Old 12-11-2021, 12:10 PM

It has been some time since I’ve been to Sugar Hill. My favorite downtown in that area is Buford. I can’t help but wonder if they are doing anything special.

I was at Mall of GA for Black Friday and it was surprisingly not super difficult to get through. I’m guessing online shopping is really offloading the holiday shopping demand in high commercialized districts.

Old 12-11-2021, 12:11 PM

Ugh. Login issues made me think my first post didn’t go through. I’m trying to delete the second one but it won’t let me.

Old 12-11-2021, 12:16 PM

Default Fairyland Trolley at Atlanta Botanical Garden, GAINESVILLE

Fairyland Trolley at Atlanta Botanical Garden, GAINESVILLE

Quote:
All aboard for model-train trolley fun in the Gainesville Garden! Located in the Ada Mae Pass Ivester Children’s Garden the Fairyland Trolley connects two fairy villages while passing magical fairy rings and houses.

Free with Garden admission or membership, registration not required.
Fairyland Trolley (Atlanta Botanical Garden, GAINESVILLE )

Old 12-11-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I was at Mall of GA for Black Friday and it was surprisingly not super difficult to get through. I’m guessing online shopping is really offloading the holiday shopping demand in high commercialized districts.
There were reports that Black Friday shopping was lighter than expected throughout much of the country.

They think that consumers heeded warnings about the ongoing international supply chain issues possibly making it very difficult and/or impossible to find items if they waited too late into the Christmas shopping season by ordering and purchasing items online well in advance... like in October or September in many cases.

Old 12-11-2021, 12:27 PM

Default Holiday Model Trains at the Atlanta Botanical Garden

Holiday Model Trains at Atlanta Botanical Garden through January 15th.

Quote:
Join kids and the kids at heart for this holiday favorite display, running day and night on the Alston Overlook.
Holiday Model Trains (Atlanta Botanical Garden)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta