Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2006, 08:28 AM

187 posts, read 918,615 times

Advertisements

I am Seventh Day Adventist and need some information on some great sda churches. Any locations?

Old 12-24-2006, 08:44 AM

950 posts, read 3,190,623 times
I cannot be any of help, but you might want to check out the Georgia Cumberland Conference of Seventh Day Adventist website: http://www.gcachurch.org for any info you need on the local Churches.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:35 AM

465 posts, read 2,426,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick_TheRiskTaker View Post
I am Seventh Day Adventist and need some information on some great sda churches. Any locations?
Oh Derrick, Derrick, the plight of the ever loving SDA finding a new church, lot of work, isn't it? I too, am SDA. This question you asked is so broad. Where will you be living? And, you know how Adventist churches go. I don't know if you're liberal, conservative, what kind of music you like, white or black church, big congregation, small congregation, do you need a good children's program? I mean, I need more info. PM me if you need to.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:41 AM

81 posts, read 270,005 times
Smile Seventh Day Adventist Churches in the Atlanta area

Derrick,

The best way to find a Seventh Day Adventist church in Atl. is to go to www.churchpond.com or simply CHURCHPOND.com There you can see live church broadcasts from about five churches in the Atlanta area. The best is church rebroadcasts since you are probably attending your own church when services are going on. It is not hard to find an S.D.A. church. I look at churchpond every week. I know where I will attend when I relocate. You can actually see the church services from beginning to end. USE YOUR computer!!!!

Marjoriexxx

Old 12-26-2006, 09:46 AM

84 posts, read 379,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
Oh Derrick, Derrick, the plight of the ever loving SDA finding a new church, lot of work, isn't it? I too, am SDA. This question you asked is so broad. Where will you be living? And, you know how Adventist churches go. I don't know if you're liberal, conservative, what kind of music you like, white or black church, big congregation, small congregation, do you need a good children's program? I mean, I need more info. PM me if you need to.
It's hard finding a church period. I've been trying to find a baptist church that I like and southern baptist and traditional baptist are two totally different things. I think I've found one now, that's an OK fit. But you are so right, it's about the demographic of the congregation, the pastor and the music. It seems like you're not going to find a church with all of the elements that you want so you have to find one with most elements and be happy with that. I live in a mixed community. I'm used to services like those held at the mega churches, but who wants to fight the crowds and traffic. The church I've found has a mixed congregation. The songs are sung a little differently and the pastor isn't as lively - but is more lively than some I've seen so that's a plus. I visited a church Sunday service and the people didn't say "amen" or "praise the Lord" or anything they just sat there. I wasn't used to that. I was happy to get back to the church we've been visiting for the past 3 weeks where people interact during service. If I could find a small church with the atmosphere of the mega church that's not far away that would be perfect - but we all know that's not going to happen.

Old 12-27-2006, 05:47 PM

187 posts, read 918,615 times
I appreciate all of your input and assistance....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: