Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2007, 10:07 AM

52 posts, read 103,283 times

Advertisements

Hello,
There's a good chance that I will be relocating from Orlando, Florida to Atlanta this fall. I'm trying to get a good idea of where would be some decent-to-nice places to live (i.e., low crime, shopping, etc.). I'm in my 20's, don't have any children, and don't have a whole lot of money, but would prefer a nicer rental. My current rent is $1100/month, so I'm hoping to find something in that range. I'm also hoping to attend Georgia Tech, so maybe something that's in the vicinity, but I'm used to driving so that's not a huge issue. From what I've read on this forum, I've heard mixed things about many of the counties and suburbs, so I'm trying to do more research.

Also, I'd appreciate any other comments about the Atlanta area. Orlando doesn't really have that much culture, the cost of living is insane, and the general population seems to have a "I don't care" kind of attitude. I'm originally from Cleveland, Ohio so I'm used to the "mid-western" way of living.

Thanks for all of your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: