U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 11:18 AM

3,647 posts, read 2,815,567 times
Has anyone contacted the DNR or their county and had any luck? When I first came back to this area I was shocked to see them directly behind my house on some Corps of Engineers property. (I already knew about a den of red foxes from my renter). I mentioned this to my vet and they gave me a DNR number and some other number with my county. I called and received several layers of "run around" answers. If anyone has contacts or numbers that will product some results I'll be happy to call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 11:33 AM

4,537 posts, read 5,907,912 times
I live rural NE GA and they are all around, I've seen them cross 4 lanes of traffic in daylight next to a Kroger, I know they wander all over my area as we are near the Oconee river and there's 1000's of acres of woods and pasture around. I used to have a pony mule that did the trick, she also kept the neighborhood dogs away too. I do have an indoor outdoor cat and she's lived mostly outdoors here for over 10 years...one smart cookie.

I do know my neighbors shoot any that they see and I told them have at it. They have eaten all the Foxes and Wild Turkey in the area.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:30 PM

7,249 posts, read 8,521,492 times
I saw signs along the Greenway in both No. Fulton and Gwinnett that coyote trapping was in progress in November. I haven't heard of any attacks, so I'm not sure what prompted the trapping.

I love to hear them at night. They seem to be all around us, yet I have never seen one.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I saw signs along the Greenway in both No. Fulton and Gwinnett that coyote trapping was in progress in November. I haven't heard of any attacks, so I'm not sure what prompted the trapping.

I love to hear them at night. They seem to be all around us, yet I have never seen one.
Did the signs indicate an agency that is responsible for the trapping?

Old 12-31-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquesmountainapache View Post
Did the signs indicate an agency that is responsible for the trapping?
I believe they did, but I don't remember who put them up. The gist of the warning was to pet owners to keep their dogs on a leash because of the traps.
Haven't been on the trails in a while, as it's always raining when I have time to go.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:18 AM

402 posts, read 217,584 times
Funny thing, I live in Jamaica, Queens, NYC in a high-rise apartment complex and we have a coyote roaming in our parking lot. I spotted it about 6 months ago and none of my friends believed me. Last month it was in the newspaper and the local (TV) news. Really bizarre

Old 12-31-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I believe they did, but I don't remember who put them up. The gist of the warning was to pet owners to keep their dogs on a leash because of the traps.
Haven't been on the trails in a while, as it's always raining when I have time to go.
When we have some good weather and if you think about will you please let me know what agency is responsible for the trapping? Thanks and Happy New Year.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquesmountainapache View Post
When we have some good weather and if you think about will you please let me know what agency is responsible for the trapping? Thanks and Happy New Year.
Will do. Happy New Year to you too!

Old 12-31-2009, 04:34 PM

228 posts, read 275,349 times
I have heard about coyote problems and fortunatley there aren't any in my neighborhood in Dunwoody. My only advice would be to call a trapper or move if you're really scared.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:33 PM

Interesting article on the city of Milton website today. I came across it trying to figure out which roads were open:

Coyotes in Metro Atlanta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta