U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 02:52 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,140,039 times

Advertisements

The City of Stone Mountain last week issued a public warning about the planned demonstrations and asked locals to stay away..."

https://www.ajc.com/news/stone-mount...LAAM5LYYHTODM/

SOURCE: AJC
Rate this post positively

Old 08-11-2020, 05:53 PM

4,272 posts, read 2,225,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris1 View Post
The City of Stone Mountain last week issued a public warning about the planned demonstrations and asked locals to stay away..."

https://www.ajc.com/news/stone-mount...LAAM5LYYHTODM/

SOURCE: AJC
Apparently it's OK for hundreds of black men (and a few women) to march through the streets carrying their rifles and shotguns, but if a group of whites announce plans to do the same, then it may be too dangerous and the authorities might have to stop it. Why is that?

Old 08-11-2020, 06:21 PM

15,673 posts, read 12,554,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Apparently it's OK for hundreds of black men (and a few women) to march through the streets carrying their rifles and shotguns, but if a group of whites announce plans to do the same, then it may be too dangerous and the authorities might have to stop it. Why is that?
I sure there lots of whites standing in solidarity with BLM. There has been in every other case. In fact, they often outnumbered the blacks they are supporting. I tried to find some articles but none are MSM sources so dont want to post. But I read about that.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:33 PM

4,272 posts, read 2,225,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I sure there lots of whites standing in solidarity with BLM. There has been in every other case. In fact, they often outnumbered the blacks they are supporting. I tried to find some articles but none are MSM sources so dont want to post. But I read about that.
A week or two ago, I saw some pics of the prior Stone Mountain march by the NFAC group and there were only two colors that I saw in the group... Black and Blacker. If I remember correctly, they specifically stated that they didn't want any whites in the group.

So again, why is it such a problem if the whites wish to have a similar march?

BTW, a quick search on Bing will show plenty of pictures of the NFAC march on Stone Mountain back in July. I saw a few brown faces, but didn't see any white ones.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:34 PM

9,558 posts, read 6,748,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
We had multiple large marches here in June exactly like this, and several were broadcast live. It's a real thing.

Old 08-11-2020, 07:15 PM

10,670 posts, read 6,025,445 times
Quote:
A week or two ago, I saw some pics of the prior Stone Mountain march by the NFAC group and there were only two colors that I saw in the group... Black and Blacker. If I remember correctly, they specifically stated that they didn't want any whites in the group.

So again, why is it such a problem if the whites wish to have a similar march?

BTW, a quick search on Bing will show plenty of pictures of the NFAC march on Stone Mountain back in July. I saw a few brown faces, but didn't see any white ones.

While most likely not applying to the reasoning of Stone Mountain Park, there are glaring differences in the reasoning of these protesters. BLM are upholding their 2nd amendment right. White supremacists are just that, they are upholding their own 'supremacy' and have little regard of any other person of any other race. They have no reason (especially in this political climate) to uphold their gun rights, they are doing this to intimidate. Huge difference.

That asside, I am not an advocate of either party arriving on a public scene armed without just cause. I havent looked to deeply as per what happened in the previous BLM march at Stone Mountain but I highly doubt that the Park Officials expected them to arrive armed and were caught off guard amid that event which is their reasoning for preparation for this event. They probably expected a peaceful protest. I personally feel if the protesters arrive they should in some way close the park to the general public regardless of which group is protesting.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:06 PM

639 posts, read 438,459 times
Got it. Blacks with their "whites aren't welcome" riots totally aren't supermacist either.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:19 PM

10,670 posts, read 6,025,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCM View Post
Got it. Blacks with their "whites aren't welcome" riots totally aren't supermacist either.
Since when has one happened in Atlanta? Most BLM riots not only in Atlanta but nationwide have been overwhelmingly White.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:21 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,147,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Since when has one happened in Atlanta? Most BLM riots not only in Atlanta but nationwide have been overwhelmingly White.
The people who marched in Decatur and at Stone Mountain are part of the Black Hebrew Israelites who are indeed defined by the SPLC as a hate group. The media just doesn’t include that piece of info in the coverage well most of them don’t. It’s just the different side of the same coin.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:56 PM

4,108 posts, read 3,980,232 times
Quote:
So you think it’s ok for far right groups to link up with admitted White Supremacist groups to march through the streets shouting hateful rhetoric? Clearly you don’t think White Supremacist are dangerous to begin with. Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta