U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 01:57 PM

485 posts, read 334,104 times

Advertisements

https://www.forsythnews.com/life/peo...-work-home-us/

The National Association of Realtors® (NAR) ranked Forsyth County as the best place to work from home in the country, according to a press release.

Forsyth County topped more than 3,000 counties in the U.S. in NAR’s 2020 “Work from Home” Counties report released on Tuesday, Sept. 1. It was one of three Georgia counties among the top 30, joined by Cherokee (No. 14) and Cobb (No. 18).

The report considered nine factors that can support the work-from-home environment, including internet connectivity, office-related jobs, home affordability, urbanization, and population growth.

Forsyth County stood out for its internet access, with 99% of households served by three or more broadband internet service providers, according to the report.

Meanwhile, the report noted that Forsyth County’s population has increased nearly 21% over the last five years.

Here’s a look at NAR’s ranking of the top 10 places to work from home:

Forsyth County, Georgia

Douglas County, Colorado

Los Alamos County, New Mexico

Collin County, Texas

Loudon County, Virginia

Hamilton County, Indiana

Williamson County, Tennessee

Delaware County, Ohio

Broomfield County, Colorado

Dallas County, Iowa

The novel coronavirus pandemic thrust much of the country’s workforce into remote work. By April, over 60% of employed Americans were working from home, according to a Gallup poll.
That trend could have a lasting impact on where people choose to live and what companies look for in office space, NAR said.

View NAR’s 2020 “Work from Home” Counties report here: https://www.nar.realtor/research-and...-home-counties.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 04:13 PM

8,962 posts, read 11,474,377 times
I find my home in Duluth to be an excellent place to work from home as well.

I have gigabit internet if I want it (I only pay for 100 mbps, but I still enjoy the super low latency of a direct fiber connection), I can afford a house with enough space to have a home office, I'm close to a zillion parks and can hike miles and miles of trails, I can get to countless grocery stores within 5 minutes including Sprouts, Fresh Market and Whole Foods (only missing a Trader Joe's, for some reason), and I'm really close to tons of restaurants that can easily deliver through GrubHub, Ubereats, etc. without getting cold on the way.

I can understand why Forstyh ranked so highly, it enjoys these same benefits, even though it doesn't appear that's what was being measured.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:40 PM

6,664 posts, read 2,716,757 times
My ultimate guess was being a satelite residential node for Alpharetta puts it in position for more remote operation roles, in tech atleast. Some of those folks in more business affair related matters who had ties with companies much deeper in the city were probably already working remote pre-pandemic however which justifies being able to live further out in an affluent suburb without the need to worry about traveling down 400 to commute to Atlanta... I don't think it's too far fetched.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:58 PM

13,641 posts, read 6,782,513 times
Except for affordability North Fulton would rank highly as well. But obviously the whole county has to be considered.

Old 09-02-2020, 05:34 PM

1,677 posts, read 688,969 times
It’s amusing to me how people on here don’t understand how diverse places like north Fulton and parts of Forsyth County are. They are far more diverse than intown Atlanta and have much better schools, lower crime, lower taxes, etc. This is coming from someone who is a 30 year city of Atlanta resident. It’s ok to acknowledge places like North Fulton and Forsyth County are successful and serve a purpose. I am glad for them.

Old 09-02-2020, 05:42 PM

240 posts, read 58,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
It’s amusing to me how people on here don’t understand how diverse places like north Fulton and parts of Forsyth County are. They are far more diverse than intown Atlanta and have much better schools, lower crime, lower taxes, etc. This is coming from someone who is a 30 year city of Atlanta resident. It’s ok to acknowledge places like North Fulton and Forsyth County are successful and serve a purpose. I am glad for them.
Gwinnett and North Fulton are diverse, I'm not quite ready to call Forsyth diverse.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:29 PM

8,962 posts, read 11,474,377 times
Quote:
They are far more diverse than intown Atlanta and have much better schools, lower crime, lower taxes, etc
Absolutely!!!! You just hit the nail on the head with FAR MORE DIVERSE. Very true. The truth is, most intown Atlanta neighborhoods don't WANT to be more diverse, they just say they do. What they really want is more white families, even though the residents would never admit that. I don't even know if we're allowed to say it here, but truth is truth.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:53 PM

1,677 posts, read 688,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleIsLife View Post
Gwinnett and North Fulton are diverse, I'm not quite ready to call Forsyth diverse.
Parts of Forsyth are very diverse and it is only going to continue to be more diverse as time goes on.

Old 09-02-2020, 08:46 PM

240 posts, read 58,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Parts of Forsyth are very diverse and it is only going to continue to be more diverse as time goes on.
Post some demographic stats of the county to prove it. Wasn't diverse at all in 2010. I know it's decreased in diversity since then, but exactly how much?

Old 09-02-2020, 08:48 PM

274 posts, read 184,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleIsLife View Post
South Forsyth is as diverse as North Fulton. You can’t really tell where Johns Creek/Alpharetta ends and South Forsyth begins.

Also look at this racial breakdown for a Forsyth County School.

https://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/s...33/school.aspx

https://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/s...53/school.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta