Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2008, 11:05 PM

42 posts, read 139,273 times

Advertisements

Can someone please tell about the area around Grant Circle at Mableton Pkwy? Is it relatively safe? What high school is zoned for this area?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 02:02 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,081,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytoroll View Post
Can someone please tell about the area around Grant Circle at Mableton Pkwy? Is it relatively safe? What high school is zoned for this area?

Thanks
I don't see a Grant Circle off Mableton Parkway. Where is it located with regard to other roads? Do you mean Gallant Circle?

Old 05-03-2008, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the correction,yes, it is Galant Circle at Mableton Pkwy. I saw the townhouse on Craigslist. It looks like a nice area, but of course, pictures don't show the entire neighborhood.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 05-03-2008, 09:21 PM

rcsteiner

Did you forget about my post? Please respond.

Thanks

Old 05-03-2008, 10:57 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,776,450 times
Mableton Pkwy is improving. That street, in particular is pretty close to Six Flags Pkwy, which isn't the best area, but on what I consider the better end, close to Queen Mill. All and all, that area is improving, but it's going to be a while. Heck, right next door to what you are looking at, there's a trailer park. Right now, the whole area around there is a mix. It's not too far from Cascade, which is nice, and also not too far from "fake Vinings" which starts midway up Queens Mill. There's a mixture of low-income housing around there as well. Martin Luther King Blvd starts up on the Atlanta side, and some parts of it are being improved but there's a lot of nasty apartments in there so it'll take a while. Fulton industrial is a regional activity center, but kind of sparse. Fulton County municipal airport is there as well, which means you may hear commuter planes landing.

If you're in the market for a home, I'd recommend getting a single family home in that area. I'm not sure if those are condos or apartments, but if they are condos, they probably won't be the best investment and won't improve in value close to as much as homes. I'd consider a single family home in that area a pretty sound investment, long term... Though, if you can afford it, I'd shoot for a little closer to the center of Mableton, up Queen Mill a ways, or North of S. Gordon Rd.

Last edited by netdragon; 05-03-2008 at 11:30 PM..

Old 05-03-2008, 11:04 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,081,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytoroll View Post
rcsteiner

Did you forget about my post? Please respond.

Thanks
No no no, I was simply too busy at home Friday/Saturday with my beloved wife to do things online.

I really don't know much about that area of Mableton (it's further south from my stomping grounds, which are north of Veterans Memorial Highway), but I was just trying to make sure what you were asking about.

I've heard that Cobb County just built a new fire/police station (http://www.ajc.com/hp/content/metro/cobb/stories/2008/03/28/newstation_0329.html - broken link) not far from there, and I know the area along Mableton Parkway is slowly improving, but that's about all I know.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta