U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better - or which do you prefer: East Cobb, Johns Creek, or South Forsyth?
East Cobb 10 38.46%
Johns Creek 9 34.62%
South Forsyth 7 26.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 09:20 AM

15,225 posts, read 24,329,441 times

Advertisements

You must choose.

Which is better - or which do you prefer: East Cobb, Johns Creek, or South Forsyth?

Please feel free to write commentary and reasoning.

East Cobb
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Cobb,_Georgia

Johns Creek
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johns_Creek,_Georgia

South Forsyth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forsyth_County,_Georgia
http://www.sharonsprings.info/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 10:57 AM

2,579 posts, read 1,894,069 times
Full disclosure, I live in East Cobb, but there were reasons why I chose it.

To me, Johns Creek has poor highway access for most of the city, and South Forsyth is far out from the city (feels a bit exurban), and honestly the few times I've been there it was overly busy with weekend traffic.

Pros of East Cobb:

great schools
still reasonably affordable
Hwy 75 is better than highway 85
Proximity to: the battery, DT woodstock/marietta square/canton street/alpharetta, job centers (perimeter, alpha, cumberland, midtown)
safe
retail/restaurants
family oriented
low taxes

Cons:
a little sterile/squeeky clean
Nimby-ism (I can actually appreciate some, it's what keeps it nice, but it's on an extreme end of the spectrum)
lack of parks

Old 11-20-2020, 04:07 PM

336 posts, read 102,771 times
Johns Creek for me, you're in between the great Asian food of Duluth and Avalon in Alpharetta. Great schools and a lot of ammenities.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:35 PM

5,548 posts, read 4,488,776 times
I don't know too much about E Cobb except it's idyllic suburbia. If I had a family it would rank higher but for me it doesn't have enough going on. But I admit its location is maybe the best of the three. Midway between Marietta and Roswell. Close to Sandy Springs.

I really like Johns Creek but like E Cobb, not as much going on for someone without a family. It's close to Alpharetta (Which I just love) and has good access to Duluth and Suwanee. It's also close my family and provides decent access to 85N to Lake Hartwell. But, trying to get downtown is a bear. And rush hour traffic is horrific in normal times. I would hate to try going out to eat with my family at 6 and having to sit with a bunch of commuters. Seems like all the major roads get backed up.

I'm going to with S Forsyth actually. BUT, what I have in mind is closer to 400 like around McFarland. I don't know if that counts as S Forsyth compared to like St Marlo but I'm going with it. In the year 2020 it's still very suburban. But that have added Halcyon. There's the Collection at Forsyth. 400 gives easy access to Alpharetta and Cumming and the mountains. Distance is probably greater to downtown than JC but the access is just so much better. Forsyth is working to connect the Big Creek Greenway with Fulton and extend it north. It's still very new so I think they'll make more 2010s era development instead of the hyper sprawl 80s/90s development of JC and EC. Also the cheapest.

Old 11-21-2020, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I don't know too much about E Cobb except it's idyllic suburbia. If I had a family it would rank higher but for me it doesn't have enough going on. But I admit its location is maybe the best of the three. Midway between Marietta and Roswell. Close to Sandy Springs.

I really like Johns Creek but like E Cobb, not as much going on for someone without a family. It's close to Alpharetta (Which I just love) and has good access to Duluth and Suwanee. It's also close my family and provides decent access to 85N to Lake Hartwell. But, trying to get downtown is a bear. And rush hour traffic is horrific in normal times. I would hate to try going out to eat with my family at 6 and having to sit with a bunch of commuters. Seems like all the major roads get backed up.

I'm going to with S Forsyth actually. BUT, what I have in mind is closer to 400 like around McFarland. I don't know if that counts as S Forsyth compared to like St Marlo but I'm going with it. In the year 2020 it's still very suburban. But that have added Halcyon. There's the Collection at Forsyth. 400 gives easy access to Alpharetta and Cumming and the mountains. Distance is probably greater to downtown than JC but the access is just so much better. Forsyth is working to connect the Big Creek Greenway with Fulton and extend it north. It's still very new so I think they'll make more 2010s era development instead of the hyper sprawl 80s/90s development of JC and EC. Also the cheapest.
Good commentary. You must vote in the poll!

Old 11-21-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Good commentary. You must vote in the poll!
Don't make me choose!

Old 11-21-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
Full disclosure, I live in East Cobb, but there were reasons why I chose it.

To me, Johns Creek has poor highway access for most of the city, and South Forsyth is far out from the city (feels a bit exurban), and honestly the few times I've been there it was overly busy with weekend traffic.

Pros of East Cobb:

great schools
still reasonably affordable
Hwy 75 is better than highway 85
Proximity to: the battery, DT woodstock/marietta square/canton street/alpharetta, job centers (perimeter, alpha, cumberland, midtown)
safe
retail/restaurants
family oriented
low taxes

Cons:
a little sterile/squeeky clean
Nimby-ism (I can actually appreciate some, it's what keeps it nice, but it's on an extreme end of the spectrum)
lack of parks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
Johns Creek for me, you're in between the great Asian food of Duluth and Avalon in Alpharetta. Great schools and a lot of ammenities.
Good commentary from you both.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Don't make me choose!
But you said:

“I’m going to go with S[outh] Forsyth...”

Now, choose!

Old 11-21-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Don't make me choose!
You chose!

Old 11-21-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
You chose!

I caved under pressure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta