Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 11:27 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
It has been reported that Raising Cane’s is looking at opening a future location in Decatur along with future locations in Woodstock, Buford, Cumming, Georgia State University/South Downtown Atlanta, Dacula, Stockbridge, Covington, Conyers and Alpharetta.

Chicken finger chain Raising Cane’s plans at least 10 metro Atlanta locations -
The first location will open in Dacula, with other restaurants planned for Buford, Woodstock and Cumming.
(What Now Atlanta)

Damn I had to look up Dacula, that's almost to Athens at least Woodstock is somewhat close to me. I'll definitely go to the Woodstock location when that opens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2022, 05:43 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Damn I had to look up Dacula, that's almost to Athens at least Woodstock is somewhat close to me. I'll definitely go to the Woodstock location when that opens.
Yep. Though, Raising Cane’s Dacula location will be on the I-85 side of the Dacula mailing area (off of the I-85/Hamilton Mill Road exit along GA-124 Braselton Highway in the Hamilton Mill area) that is going towards South Carolina.

The Raising Cane’s Dacula restaurant will also be located in an area that is very near the boundary between the Dacula 30019 and Buford 30519 zip codes, so online mapping sites and apps (like Google Maps) appear to show the address of the Raising Cane’s Dacula restaurant as being located in the Buford 30519 mailing area.

Old 12-25-2022, 09:36 AM

4 posts, read 5,546 times
Taco Casa is another wildly popular chain in Texas that most people aren't aware of, it beats the heck out of taco bell and del taco. What whataburger is to let's say mcdonald's in regards to quality, taco casa is the equivalent in relation to taco bell.

Not surprised by the success at all.

Old 12-27-2022, 10:53 AM

689 posts, read 637,966 times
The article in the OP's initial post is a bit fluffy. The author uses "Atlanta area," "greater metro Atlanta area," and "metro Atlanta" in the same article.

So are the terms ranked in this order (starting with the largest)?

Greater metro Atlanta area
Atlanta area
metro Atlanta

Yeah...too much time on my hands.

Old 03-28-2023, 04:20 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Whataburger opening 1st location ITP, and will open at least 3 more metro Atlanta locations in addition to the 10 new North Georgia locations already planned to open by end of 2023

Popular San Antonio, Texas-based fast food chain Whataburger reportedly will open at least 3 more locations in metro Atlanta, including the chain’s first location inside the I-285 Perimeter in the Akers Mill Square shopping center at US-41 South Cobb Parkway and Akers Mill Road in the Cumberland area in Cobb County.

The other future location will be in an outparcel at Cobb Place shopping center along Barrett Parkway between (west of) I-75 and (east of US-41 North Cobb Parkway) in Kennesaw.

Both new Whataburger locations will open in spaces previously occupied by Joella’s Hot Chicken restaurants.

It has also been reported that Whataburger will open a new location in the space of a former Joella’s Hot Chicken restaurant at 580 Bullsboro Drive in Newnan in outer-suburban Southwest metro Atlanta.

Whataburger previously has said it plans to add at least 10 more locations to Georgia in 2023, including in Cumming, Monroe, Covington, Athens, Snellville and Dawsonville. And the company reportedly aspires to open as many as 50 new restaurants in Georgia by 2030.

[EXCLUSIVE] Whataburger Finds First ITP Location (Tomorrow’s News Today - Atlanta)

Newnan is Getting a Whataburger (The City Menus)

Old 03-28-2023, 04:35 PM

8,475 posts, read 4,724,709 times
Temper your enthusiasm. I could go for a Whataburger right now, but it’s a once a year thing. It’s expensive!

Old 03-28-2023, 07:42 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,372,669 times
I’ve been to the Woodstock and Buford locations. They were both on point with what I was used to in Texas as far as food quality and portion size. For those who have never been to a Whataburger and plan on trying it, beware when upsizing, the large drinks are 44 ounces.

Old 03-29-2023, 05:54 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
For those who have never been to a Whataburger and plan on trying it, beware when upsizing, the large drinks are 44 ounces.
Massive! That is 1.375 quarts.

Old 03-29-2023, 09:02 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
I’ve been to the Woodstock and Buford locations. They were both on point with what I was used to in Texas as far as food quality and portion size. For those who have never been to a Whataburger and plan on trying it, beware when upsizing, the large drinks are 44 ounces.
Only time I get a large drink at Whataburger (or any fast food) it's just a water. Gotta balance out that <insert Whataburger specialty burger> on texas toast. They will be popular in Georgia.

Old 03-29-2023, 10:03 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Only time I get a large drink at Whataburger (or any fast food) it's just a water. Gotta balance out that <insert Whataburger specialty burger> on texas toast. They will be popular in Georgia.
I'll remember that next time I go.
Remember the Alamo AND remember the Texas Toast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta