U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2008, 08:54 PM

14 posts, read 40,814 times

Advertisements

Hi all looking for some thoughts/recs. on good preschools in the tucker area (close to livsey/midvale school area) Not an all day school just morning programs. I know a lot of churches do these programs but not sure who etc.
I googled first baptist church tucker...any thoughts/members?
Also any kid/recreation programs offered in those area (soccer/t-ball/dance)
thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 12:26 AM

697 posts, read 2,562,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mladyj View Post
thanks in advance
TYSA (Tucker Youth Soccer Association) is the 800 lb gorilla of youth soccer programs in that area.

Aside from soccer, the Tucker Recreation Center offers a wide range of dance, gymnastics, martial arts, and other recreational activities at extremely reasonable prices (slightly more, but still good value, for out-of-county residents).

There's also youth football, cheerleading, etc. at Fitzgerald Park on Lawrenceville Highway.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:14 AM

8,862 posts, read 14,382,819 times
Oak Grove Methodist Church, Briarlake Baptist Church and Shallowford Presbyterian Church have good pre-school programs.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:31 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,798,205 times
Cliff Valley School

Atlanta Progressive Preschool

You can also look into Coralwood, which is the DeKalb County School System's special ed preschool. However, they run a wonderful inclusion program --mixing regular ed kids in with special ed kids. Your child must be 3 to be eligible and I am not sure how many spaces they have, but it would be free. (Word of warning, I think it starts at age 3, but it might be 4.)

Old 09-15-2008, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 17,581 times
Exclamation Choose cliff valley..better school

I choose cliff valley school for my daughter because the teachers at that school are really loving,friendly and takes good care of your little ones.Don't go for atlanta progressive as you pay less there but do not get a good enviornment for your child and the teachers are really not that efficient .I would never recommend APP.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:17 AM

3 posts, read 14,333 times
Default Don't share commenter's view on Atlanta Progressive Preschool

Our experience with the Atlanta Progressive Preschool has been excellent. To characterize the teachers as inefficient is inconsistent with our experience. Everyone can have a bad experience with a preschool, even one that comes highly recommended. We did.

Form your own opinion of the school by speaking to the teachers and administrators. If possible, try to speak to the parents of the children who attend.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mladyj View Post
Hi all looking for some thoughts/recs. on good preschools in the tucker area (close to livsey/midvale school area) Not an all day school just morning programs. I know a lot of churches do these programs but not sure who etc.
I googled first baptist church tucker...any thoughts/members?
thanks in advance
Tucker Recreation Center is great for all sorts of preschool/afterschool activities for children. TYSA (Tucker Youth Soccer Association) is located on Henderson Mill Rd and I believe is currently registering for Spring. Check out their website. St. Bede's Day School is an intimate preschool with dedicated teachers and wonderful parents - current openings in select classes, and now registering for the upcoming school year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or