U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:02 PM

5,420 posts, read 4,664,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamarie View Post
The past 2 or 3 days I have found several small tiny (very tiny-maybe a few mm long) in my kitchen. I can see that they are getting in somehow from the back door leading out to our porch. They are pretty much dead when I find them because we get our house sprayed every month for bugs. They appear to me to look like very tiny little roaches. They seem to fly (at least it looks like it when I see them outside on our kitchen door) I can also see several half-dead ones outside near our kitchen door. (gotta love that bug spray the pest guy uses)
I was just wondering if anyone else has these and knows what I am talking about. I live in Georgia but am fairly new to the area and not sure if this is just a regular occurance this time of year like ladybugs are a certain time of year. I found 17 of them this morning (all dead) around my door. That was a little too many for my liking. We are actually closing on our house this week so I won't have to worry about this much longer but don't want to leave a house full of tiny roaches to the new people!
most likely these are water bugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 01:04 PM

1,123 posts, read 5,621,131 times
Don't termites die when they are exposed to open air? I thought that was the whole point of needing the mud tubes through which to move to wood sources. I've lived in an apartment with termites and they usually made their appearance via mud patches on the walls! The things I am seeing are milling about on window sills and there are no wings usually indicative of termite swarms (also, I see them sporadically throughout the year...including during winter).

Old 06-09-2008, 01:29 PM

1,123 posts, read 5,621,131 times
Looks like my bugs are springtails....thanks for the tip. I noted that they do sometimes hop away (hence my fear they were fleas) when you get close to them and they range in color (usually grey, but sometimes brown/black).

Old 06-09-2008, 01:32 PM

214 posts, read 1,703,866 times
What I have are not earwigs. I know what those look like. These definitely look more like little tiny roaches. I think I may have springtails too though. I found a few dead ones on the floor in my daughter's room too right under her window.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,845 times
The past few days Ive noticed that around the exterior of my house small tiny beetle type bugs a lot of them. There are very tiny smaller then an ant some bigger then others. If I look closely they are a brown and lighter brown in color their markings remind me of a Roach somewhat. They are literally all over the concrete in my background and all along the boarder of my house. Pretty much everywhere in my backyard. We've sprayed ourselves and managed to kill plenty but there is that much more alive. I live with my mother and I'm afraid to mention I think these are baby roaches. Our backyard is clean and pretty clear of debris. Could my rabbits be attracting these bugs? I keep them outside and they've been out there for over a year( mY rabbits) but this infestation has literally happened over night!

Old 11-17-2011, 02:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,650 times
after my friend from chicago (who has cockroaches) came to visit i began to notice these little itsy bitsty things in the sink, grey and when i went to smoosh them, they jumped! I called her and said you gave me roaches! she said no way you would see bigger ones if i did. this was 2.5 yrs ago. well these lil buggers are only in the bathroom but as of today i now see the on my counter in the kitchen and a week ago saw what i thought was a beetle in the bathroom but now im wondering if it was indeed a cockroach. so if i move, which im planning on doing soon do i leave most of my stuff and throw it out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or