Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2016, 08:38 PM

3 posts, read 2,509 times

Advertisements

Husband and I are looking at Townhomes by Pulte in the Terraces at Cumberland and the Terraces at Oakdale subdivision. None of the homes are complete but we were able to view a model at Vinings Crest off of Springhill in Smyrna.

Does anyone have any thoughts/info on either of the neighborhoods? Has anyone purchased in any of the Pulte Townhouse neighborhoods and can give some advice? Looking for info on the neighborhood and construction of the townhomes. I've seen some negative reviews but mostly in Florida. It seems most mid-range production home builders have negative reviews online but compared to the number of homes they build I'm not sure if we should be alarmed or if they should be expected.

Any info would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 02:47 AM

1 posts, read 850 times
I am actually an owner at Oakdale. Honestly, while I am looking forward to my beautiful home based on that model at Vinings Crest, I have been extremely disappointed with the progress at Oakdale.

When we first signed our contract the plan was to have the first half of homes ready for June-July closing timeframe. We are now into July and the first building's foundation hasn't even been laid! So, the timelines keep slipping, which the longer it takes to complete first homes the longer it takes for the others.

They do have Cumberland's first building framed now though, and based upon what I see looks like Oakdale will run not too far behind. I just hope Pulte is not relying upon same workers assigned to Cumberland to also work Oakdale. They will never get done, and we will be PISSED!

Having said that, Oakdale and Cumberland are only separated by a few miles and minutes. While a bit more expensive, I think I like the Oakdale location better. It simply looks better, being set inside an already established community with trees and stuff on an actual "block", and is also right there at 285.

I would say push hard on Pulte to communicate what their actual plans are before executing agreement, because a LOT can happen when you are sitting around (being jerked around) about when your home will be complete and you can close. Get a solid "out" plan written into your contract. It's even more annoying when you know you have a lot of money in their hands covering your earnest money and upgrade prepaids.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:40 AM

ThatGuy,

Thanks for the response. I sent you a direct message.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:39 AM

559 posts, read 832,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buy1get1fre View Post
Husband and I are looking at Townhomes by Pulte in the Terraces at Cumberland and the Terraces at Oakdale subdivision. None of the homes are complete but we were able to view a model at Vinings Crest off of Springhill in Smyrna.

Does anyone have any thoughts/info on either of the neighborhoods? Has anyone purchased in any of the Pulte Townhouse neighborhoods and can give some advice? Looking for info on the neighborhood and construction of the townhomes. I've seen some negative reviews but mostly in Florida. It seems most mid-range production home builders have negative reviews online but compared to the number of homes they build I'm not sure if we should be alarmed or if they should be expected.

Any info would be appreciated.
Not a townhouse, but I've lived in a Pulte house for 16 years and my mother also lives in a Pulte Del Webb development.

We're pleased w/ Pulte construction and layouts, but we're also not the hard-to-please homeowner types that want everything in their house customized and unique.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:27 PM

DawgPark,

Thanks for the info. I'm not too picky (husband might disagree) but with something as important as my home I want it to be safe and a sound investment for my family. I know we won't get everything customized - they seem to limit the options to only a handful that are not structural. I am more concerned with the quality of the the construction which I can't change; the countertops I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: