U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:22 PM

387 posts, read 1,442,397 times

Advertisements

Please, I'm open to your suggestions... let me hear/read them. I've been to some, but I don't want to say which... yet.

Sorry, after being here for nearly two years, I'm still saddened by the apparent lack of really good ethnic food (Korean, Vietnamese, Indian... Mexican).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 08:26 PM

194 posts, read 875,899 times
INDIA IN ATLANTA

click on the "Restaurants" link. There are more I'm sure.. some of these might be a little old. I love Indian food too!

also try this:

Indian Restaurants in Atlanta - EkNazar Yellow Pages

Old 06-12-2008, 08:41 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,226,890 times
Lots of folks rant about Vatica in Smyrna.

Gujarati Thali - Home (broken link)

Old 06-13-2008, 06:39 AM

23,054 posts, read 35,012,419 times
Love this place

Bhojanic Atlanta Indian Food

Old 06-13-2008, 07:00 AM

21,871 posts, read 13,109,012 times
Here's a link on Indian restaurants that have been reviewed. I am not a big Indian eater - but some of my friends are and they say there are excellent Indian restaurants in the city. The Blissful Glutton: Indian

No good Korean? My friend, have you driven up and down Buford Highway or ventured much into Duluth?

The Blissful Glutton: Korean

The first place reviewed is a Korean buffet. It's not the absolute best Korean bbq but when you want a big selection without paying lots - it's a great place.

My favorites are Han Il Kwan and there is another closer inside the perimeter also on Buford Highway in Pinetree Plaza West? It's tucked away in the corner. I don't think about the name - I just go!

I also want to try Honey Pig from Bliss's review too. I am fascinated by the name

Old 06-13-2008, 08:17 AM

I've tried two of the listed restaurants in here... I don't know, maybe I didn't go on a good night or something? :-/

George, those sites you listed look good - maybe a better indicator than something like citysearch (which... ugh.)

What about Vietnamese? Has anyone found a great Vietnamese place? Mexican? Thai? (thai is another one that has been a huge disappointment to me here, and I've tried many).

thanks!

Old 06-13-2008, 08:22 AM

962 posts, read 3,497,992 times
Minerva in Alpharetta has an excellent buffet lunch- high quality and huge selection (especially on Fridays). The place is usually packed too.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:46 AM

21,871 posts, read 13,109,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg83 View Post
I've tried two of the listed restaurants in here... I don't know, maybe I didn't go on a good night or something? :-/

George, those sites you listed look good - maybe a better indicator than something like citysearch (which... ugh.)

What about Vietnamese? Has anyone found a great Vietnamese place? Mexican? Thai? (thai is another one that has been a huge disappointment to me here, and I've tried many).

thanks!
Yes - Citysearch is a big ugh in my opinion too. What they have rated as good - is certainly not mine.

Mexican - I have to say that I am not a good judge of this cuisine so my recommendation would be a Tex-Mex place called Nuevo Laredo Cantina. Go at very off times as it is always busy! Forget nights on the weekends, people literally tailgate waiting for a table.

1495 Chattahoochee Ave
404 352-9009

Vietnamese: Once again - head to Buford Highway. I like pho and bahn min (sandwiches). Lots of great pho places. There is a good one in the same shopping center as Hoa Bin Market. It is almost at the corner of Buford Highway and Chamblee Tucker.

Bahn Min - Lee's Bakery Lee's Bakery - Atlanta, GA 30345 Buy 5 get one free! They freeze well too. The summer rolls are very fresh and tasty.

Little Bangkok: Little Bangkok: Restaurants: Creative Loafing Atlanta Go early and know ahead of the time that the dining room and parking is limited. Is it worth it? Heck ya!

Old 06-13-2008, 08:49 AM

23,054 posts, read 35,012,419 times
Good Mexican: Dos Hermanos on Hugh Howell Rd.
Best name for a Vietnamese restaurant (can't remember where I saw it): What The Pho.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:12 AM

I've tried four times to go to Nueva Laredo! On weeknights too... The crowd and atmosphere is just a turn off to me... the longest I've waited was about an hour and then I left... =\

I'm still reading through the blog you posted George. Pretty good, I like the more current entries.

I'm trying Honey Pig tonight. Fingers crossed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta