U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-11-2007, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 17,801 times

Advertisements

Hello I was just wondering (in your opinion) which places are best to live in Gwinnett county? My husband's job is moving from Stone Mountain to Buford next month (we moved here from Houston, TX in August). We already live in Buford and our lease isn't up until August but I am not really crazy about this place for some reason (it reminds me of where I am from, CT). I have a brother who wants to move his family here from Florida (it doesn't like it anymore after being there for a year) and we were just wondering where were the good places. I guess I should mention that we are of mixed race (Black, Puerto Rican, and White). Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 08:47 PM

232 posts, read 1,211,767 times
I live in the Loganville / Snellville area. You might want to put some consideration into the area that runs between here and Buford. You have options such as Loganville, Snellville, Grayson, Lawrenceville, Dacula.... Lots of options you may find appealing.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:49 PM

2,788 posts, read 6,948,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helives75 View Post
Hello I was just wondering (in your opinion) which places are best to live in Gwinnett county? My husband's job is moving from Stone Mountain to Buford next month (we moved here from Houston, TX in August). We already live in Buford and our lease isn't up until August but I am not really crazy about this place for some reason (it reminds me of where I am from, CT). I have a brother who wants to move his family here from Florida (it doesn't like it anymore after being there for a year) and we were just wondering where were the good places. I guess I should mention that we are of mixed race (Black, Puerto Rican, and White). Thanks.
I guess I would have to ask what part of Buford? West side, Mall of Ga area?
Also, what are you looking for? More country or a little Rock and Roll?
Country or more laid back for a metro area is Buford, Dacula,
Rock and Roll or more hustle and bustle is Duluth, Snellville.
Of course you can go south of Exit 102 and have Dodge City

Old 01-12-2007, 05:34 AM

985 posts, read 4,166,380 times
check out today's Gwinnett post daily (1/12/07). There is an article talking how half of Atlanta Hockey team Trashers lived in Sugarloaf cc and nearby Reserve at Sugarloaf. Very interesting read.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:30 AM

612 posts, read 1,960,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven2149 View Post
I live in the Loganville / Snellville area. You might want to put some consideration into the area that runs between here and Buford. You have options such as Loganville, Snellville, Grayson, Lawrenceville, Dacula.... Lots of options you may find appealing.
I also live near the Snellville/Loganville area and love it. Lots of land and home for your money, but all the shopping and conveniences right nearby. The parks are great too.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 18,505 times
Default What part of Buford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helives75 View Post
Someone else beat me to the punch but they hit the nail right on the head. Where abouts in Buford are we talking about? I am also from CT. African American and Buford is GREAT! It really depends on your interest because Gwinnett has something to offer everyone.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:05 AM

276 posts, read 802,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
I guess I would have to ask what part of Buford? West side, Mall of Ga area?
Also, what are you looking for? More country or a little Rock and Roll?
Country or more laid back for a metro area is Buford, Dacula,
Rock and Roll or more hustle and bustle is Duluth, Snellville.
Of course you can go south of Exit 102 and have Dodge City
I am also looking to move to Buford. I do not have the foggiest idea what side it is on to be honest with you. I am looking all over..How do I know what areas are better than others..Is there any part of Buford to avoid? What schools in Buford are good. I have an 11 yr old sixth grade that I want to make sure she is in school that will challenge her and will allow her to be challenging too(lol)I am interested in being close to stores etc but not right on top of them. I love the downtown area(look and feel) and would love to find out all I can. I have done alot of research but cant find to many pics or stats that can help much more than what I have.I like a nice mix with balance and am not deterered by all the comments of "divercity" I want to feel comfortable and welcome wherever I live(I am white as is my family) and I want others to be comfortable with us as well.. We all grew up in the Boston area and we also have a large african american/hatian/latino community here in Naples Fl.We have also looked into Woodstock Any feedback/suggestions etc(positive or otherwise) would be welcome and appreciated. We are hoping to make a trip up this month(we are in FL) and are really looking forward to getting to know the area and finalize our choices. We want to be part of the community and not a part .........Thanks..Lisa

Last edited by nibseysgirl; 07-06-2007 at 12:07 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 07-07-2007, 02:50 AM

13 posts, read 117,578 times
If Buford isn't the place for you, and if you like diversity, then Duluth is a good bet. All along Pleasant Hill Road are ethnic hotspots and it is the nightlife spot of Gwinnett County. Suwanee is also an up-and-coming area with many young professionals and families moving in... the town center is amazing. Norcross (Peachtree Corners) is also very nice, and it's located right next to the Forum, an upscale shopping area. I am not too familiar with the eastern side of Gwinnett, but I know Grayson is quickly developing, and the Brookwood school district is arguably the best in Gwinnett.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:36 AM
fil

364 posts, read 1,132,287 times
We moved from a prime spot in Gwinnett this past year to Texas.

Check out the cross streets at Collins Hill Rd and Russell Rd.

We loved it there for the following reasons:
- Collins Hill HS is one of the better public schools in Atlanta and has great afterschool activities/sports for the kids
- 6 min from Mall of GA--largest mall in GA and home of the onlu IMAX theater that plays regular/IMAX movies.
- Intersection is a few mintues/miles from--I-85, 20, 316, and 120
- If they ever build an outer perimeter, you'll probably closest to it from there
- You're in-between 3 malls--Mall of GA, Discover Mills, and Gwinnett Mall
- There are a ton of huge strip Malls and 3-5 Super Walmarts, Targets, and Home Depots near by
- You're 20 min from the outlets in Commerce
- Before 7 AM, you're 45 min from Hartsfield airport
- The Gwinnett arena is within 15 min
- There are 2 indoor soccer arenas nearby for adults and kids
- You're 45 min from GA Tech and UGA
- Crime is low
- Tons of parks, dog parks, and great libraries
- 10 min from downtown Lawrenceville, home of the best fireworks in Atlanta

Old 10-14-2008, 06:25 AM

3 posts, read 20,795 times
Default FIL? Creekland Middle School

I read your assessment of Collins Hill High. I am moving from Europe soon and looking at that area. Do you know very much about Creekland Middle School? I noticed that you meantioned 2 sports arenas in the area. My children are very active in soccer,track, and team handball (especially). I am finding it almost impossible to find anything for them in team handball. Do you have any thoughts on the matter. How do you like Texas,just curious. Thanks, fitnessmom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta