Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:05 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,698 times

Advertisements

I figured I would share general info about this. I have 2 implants, came to a total of approx. 10K. It is pretty standard to have the implant put it in, healing to take place, and then have your crowns put on. Depending on your particular situation, the process may be drawn out even longer. I needed to have bone grafts in my gums b/c in my case, I've never had teeth in those spots (weird genetic thing). That drew the process out even longer because those had to be healed as well. Pain-wise, the bone grafts were much much worse than the actual implants. Unfortunately I can't recommend anyone in the area as mine were done in Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 04:43 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,951,751 times
Wow! I just finished the implant process, and also required bone grafts. Two teeth were replaced, and it took close to a year for the whole process. But, I paid less than $5000.00 for everything, through my dentist here in Roswell. I agree, the bone grafts were, by far, the most painful part.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:23 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,698 times
Did your dental insurance cover any of it? Mine wouldn't pay a dime. And my process was actually even longer b/c I still had braces on at the time. So I had temporary crowns put on (which were awful) while the rest of my teeth were finished being put into place, then I got permanent crowns, and then I got veneers on the nearby teeth. The veneers were actually one of the most painful parts of the entire grueling process for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Wow! I just finished the implant process, and also required bone grafts. Two teeth were replaced, and it took close to a year for the whole process. But, I paid less than $5000.00 for everything, through my dentist here in Roswell. I agree, the bone grafts were, by far, the most painful part.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:14 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,951,751 times
No, implants aren't covered, unfortunately. I thought it was expensive, but your post made me feel much better. Thanks!

Old 06-05-2009, 07:22 AM

1 posts, read 20,289 times
They quoted me a cost of 62K for full mouth and half of that for upper only.
Everyone there was extremely friendly and nice but was encouraged to sign up on the spot. They advertise affordability but for whom, the extremely wealthy? While I would love to have the upper done, I cannot justify in my mind when people are out of work and barely making ends meet!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:31 AM

1 posts, read 19,941 times
Interesting that now I find this thread after my husband had the procedure done at clear choice in January. I wondered if we got a good price, as I just jumped on the first price they told us because I couldn't watch my husband wear dentures for even one more day. My husband is not that old, but he had bad teeth. He finally had them pulled when gum disease started making existing caps fall out of his mouth. Then he looked so terrible, and to make matters worse he would not wear the dentures regularly because he claimed they made his mouth hurt. I was so shocked by it all and could not stand the fact to see my husband without teeth. Then I spent the next year beating myself up at not convincing my husband just to keep his bad teeth, as they were better than no teeth at all. Of course this was really no solution, but no teeth is just so horrible and be warned those who consider getting their teeth pulled dentures may not work out and it is obvious in many instances that the person is wearing dentures. You look different, they can slip and you talk different due to the mouth plate. And if you have pain wearing them you can very well look like your chin and nose touch when you don't have them in. Plus they are a pita to take out at night and put in daily.

I think the worse part was watching my husband sleep at night without teeth, I couldn't take it anymore. I was so distraught over everything I couldn't sleep at night and I was making myself sick, I think the whole think gave me a nervous breakdown. I felt like I was married to a old man overnight. I seriously think anyone considering getting their teeth pulled out should really stop and think about the consequences, as it will be life changing and not in a good way! I would never have this done myself after I saw what it did to my husband, but then again my teeth are not bad like his were so I am not really walking in his shoes.

We went to clear choice after seeing a commercial and were quoted a deal we were told of $40,000. I just said yes yes, please give him teeth, and didn't worry about the money. I still wonder if we got a good deal, but at least I see someone else posted that a full mouth starts at $40K and someone else said they were quoted $62K !

Anyway the procedure was done in a day, the implants that is - 8 of them - but my husband had to wear a temporary set of teeth for several months. He is still waiting to get his finals, and had to go for a few more fitting. He should be getting the finals within a month and 1/2, so really the procedure took 7 to 8 months. Maybe they do something different at various clear choices around the country, but my husband did not have a full set of teeth right away or now for that matter. The temporary set had about 10 teeth on the top and 10 teeth on the bottom. Of course the final set will have all the teeth.

As far as insurance they didn't want to pay anything, but agreed to give $1,500 (my husbands full dental benefit for the year), as payment toward the procedure. Implants aren't covered, but the teeth that are made to be permanently mounted on the implants were covered as a denture that can be paid by his insurance every five years. Thankfully he had only had a temporary denture prior to going to clear choice (he never had a permanent one made) or the insurance wouldn't have paid anything.

I think the temporary teeth just look alright, but at least my husband can't take them out and look terrible and elderly years before he should again. The permanent teeth as judged by the trials will look much better and I look forward to him getting these. All and all I think real teeth of course look much better, even when they are bad, but if they are so bad like my husbands were (caps falling out from gum disease, so no point of getting caps on all the other teeth in his mouth, and all of his teeth were to the point of decay that they needed caps or to be pulled) you may not have a choice.

Bottom line the clear choice solution is 5000% better than wearing a denture. At least with clear choice you will have a permanent set of teeth, even if they are only an appliance. That beats looking toothless instead of wearing a denture that hurts or just the puffy mouthed look a denture will give. In my husbands case I felt it was obvious in the way he looked and talked that he was wearing the denture before clear choice. This was even after telling the first denture doctor of the pain and the terrible appearance we felt my husband had. He re-made the bottom temporary denture at not charge to help with the pain issue, but it was really no help. All I can say is that after 1 1/2 years of this nightmare (since my husband had his teeth removed) that I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and finally starting not to have that terrible feeling of panic attack after panic attack thinking this is how we will have to live the rest of our lives and it won't be good. At least now I can see a rainbow at the end.

I was so distraught I would have signed a contract for any amount of money to get my husband teeth again, good thing the procedure didn't cost more as we are having to work double time to pay this in addition to our regular bills as it is. At least clear choice gave my husband back his life and ended my torment as well.

Last edited by sweetieblue; 08-11-2009 at 01:46 AM..

Old 10-17-2009, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 19,468 times
Clear Choice is not a franchise and the Dentist in there are the best and most advance in their field , this means they have the newest technology and are capable of better diagnostic and offer you better treatment .

Old 11-05-2009, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 19,032 times
I had my consult done recently. I need the lower arch done and was quoted $25,000.
I wonde about the price differences for the same procedures. The other post only paid $40,000 for full mouth. Also If anyone already has completed the procedure how does the appliance feel...and look?
because it is different than implants you get at regular dentist where you have the healing period. there you dont have an applianes attached to the implant instead real crowns.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:33 PM

8 posts, read 46,591 times
I guess everyone has a different experience with CC. I went to the consultation to get info on one implant.
Yes, they are very nice...but they do have a sales pitch. I had a male friend go along and they assumed he was my husband and invited him to go back with me.
When I was hesitant about the 14,000.00 quote they turned to him and started with the pitch. They also pointed out I had a bad tooth in the back (filling came out) that they included in the price.
They left us in a office for about 45 min looking at a film showing other patients before and after photos.

I still have my wisdom teeth and they claim they would take those out as well. I told them I only wanted the one tooth done but I could never get a price on the one tooth that needs replacing.
They even called a couple days later to see if I changed my mind about the surgery.
I started checking around and the prices were much cheaper.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:54 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,047,072 times
These posts about sales pitches on here sound very similar to a dentist I went to when we first moved here (Because they were in the same block as our home) who recommended a Ton of work be done on my teeth. Found a new dentist who said not much was wrong, only a few things.

Funny thing is the first dentist still sends tons of promotional things to me in the mail, they are all about making the most money possible and thats it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta