Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2008, 05:22 AM

16 posts, read 57,085 times

Advertisements

I was searching in the craiglist but i found only private/shared rooms and luxurius estates. I'm Italian and I'm coming in Atlanta in september as a visitor to the laboratory of gatech for some months. I asked to the university but the accomodations provided by them are appliable only by local students.
Does anyone know if there is any "open" accomodation near GATech (or in central area)? I mean building with shared kitchen and private rooms and bath. I'd prefer it to a private apartaments because i think that socialization would be easier and I could better practice my bad english. My budget is max of 600-700$ (all inclusive).

Thanks, Francesco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 07:14 AM

247 posts, read 1,286,609 times
Try MetroPointe Lofts :: Student Loft Living in Atlanta, GA (http://www.metropointelofts.com/home.htm - broken link) ; I found these when during the search for housing last year. I was told it was designed for student housing. I don't know anything about them but it might be worth looking there. Good luck!

Old 06-21-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs964 View Post
Try MetroPointe Lofts :: Student Loft Living in Atlanta, GA (http://www.metropointelofts.com/home.htm - broken link) ; I found these when during the search for housing last year. I was told it was designed for student housing. I don't know anything about them but it might be worth looking there. Good luck!

Thanks.... but i found these scaring reviews.... Do yu want me in the hell ?

Old 06-22-2008, 11:15 AM

247 posts, read 1,286,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciccio.antani View Post
Thanks.... but i found these scaring reviews.... Do yu want me in the hell ?
No, not at all - that's why I didn't refer to you to University Lofts at Underground!! Like I said, I don't anything about those...
My son found his place/roommate on Craigslist, just keep looking.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:38 PM

36 posts, read 261,710 times
If you are going to be working at Tech then look around Home Park area. Lots of international students live in this area. You might have to share a bath with someone but you can do well in the 500 range over there and you'll be a 5-10 minute walk to your lab.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs964 View Post
No, not at all - that's why I didn't refer to you to University Lofts at Underground!! Like I said, I don't anything about those...
My son found his place/roommate on Craigslist, just keep looking.

I was just joking.. and I noticed that I'd forgotten to insert the link of those reviews

MetroPointe Lofts Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Atlanta apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

give a look.. and you will not suggest it anymore

x c.zhou57 ....about Home Park area, is it a place with nightlife? Since I'm not going to rent any car I'd prefer to be in places close to the "life" and I would rather use metro during the day to move in gatech.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:03 PM

36 posts, read 261,710 times
Night life, not so much. Lots of house parties in the weekends though because the area houses lots of students from Tech, GA State, and SCAD. You can also look into rooming arrangements in Midtown. That area has a night life and Tech has a bus system that has stops along the Midtown area that takes you into campus.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,900,601 times
Quote:
I was just joking.. and I noticed that I'd forgotten to insert the link of those reviews

MetroPointe Lofts Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Atlanta apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

give a look.. and you will not suggest it anymore

x c.zhou57 ....about Home Park area, is it a place with nightlife? Since I'm not going to rent any car I'd prefer to be in places close to the "life" and I would rather use metro during the day to move in gatech.

Home Park doesn't have that much nightlife besides a few pizza bars but you can walk or take a cab to Midtown (15-30 minute walk depending on your location) and Atlanta Station (5-10 minute walk depending on your Home Park location) for all the nightlife your heart desires. So definately do not rule out Home Park.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,546 times
Default louvaddo

Hi
try 100 midtown its private student accomadation all incusive. about 5 mins walk from Ga tech. good luck
Quote:
I was searching in the craiglist but i found only private/shared rooms and luxurius estates. I'm Italian and I'm coming in Atlanta in september as a visitor to the laboratory of gatech for some months. I asked to the university but the accomodations provided by them are appliable only by local students.
Does anyone know if there is any "open" accomodation near GATech (or in central area)? I mean building with shared kitchen and private rooms and bath. I'd prefer it to a private apartaments because i think that socialization would be easier and I could better practice my bad english. My budget is max of 600-700$ (all inclusive).

Thanks, Francesco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: