U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 02:52 PM

34 posts, read 144,783 times

Advertisements

Is the 30339 zip code/vinings area part of Cobb or Fulton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 02:55 PM

23,035 posts, read 34,995,637 times
I believe that it's a Cobb zip code, but is an Atlanta mailing address...the best of all worlds...

Old 06-25-2008, 02:56 PM

34 posts, read 144,783 times
yeah my address is an Atlanta mailing address....why do you say that it's the "best of both worlds"?

Old 06-25-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazzy View Post
yeah my address is an Atlanta mailing address....why do you say that it's the "best of both worlds"?
An Atlanta address, best access to the city, but with Cobb taxes...plus, some of my favorite neighborhoods in Cobb Co are within that zip.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:15 AM

3,479 posts, read 6,344,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
An Atlanta address, best access to the city, but with Cobb taxes...plus, some of my favorite neighborhoods in Cobb Co are within that zip.
Yep, and NO CITY TAXES! ;D

Old 06-26-2008, 11:46 PM

3,615 posts, read 6,496,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Yep, and NO CITY TAXES! ;D
I wouldn't be so happy about that...

A) Money for capital improvements from taxes are making Smyrna quickly make huge inroads on Vinings. Try to get Cobb County to pitch in to redevelop areas like Smyrna has. There are parts of Vinings that still need some TLC.
B) Vinings will have a small additional tax when the GA Township Act is passed.

I live near Vinings, but on the Smyrna side, which gives me the peace of mind that my property has a lot more upside potential

Old 06-27-2008, 12:11 AM

13,560 posts, read 22,014,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post

A) Money for capital improvements from taxes are making Smyrna quickly make huge inroads on Vinings. Try to get Cobb County to pitch in to redevelop areas like Smyrna has. There are parts of Vinings that still need some TLC.

I live near Vinings, but on the Smyrna side, which gives me the peace of mind that my property has a lot more upside potential
Yep, there are a lots benefits living in an incorporated entity. I personally think the whole metro area should be within an incorporated city. New cities should be created, existing cities should annex.

You can really see the difference in "willy-nilly" development when you cross from East Cobb or unincorporated southeast Cherokee into Roswell. Roswell does not allow development on every piece of available land.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:00 AM

7,846 posts, read 14,877,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazzy View Post
Is the 30339 zip code/vinings area part of Cobb or Fulton?
There are actually parts of the zip in both counties. Zip codes don't stop at county or town lines the way they do in other states. In GA, even cities can cross county lines. Atlanta is the county seat for Fulton but also has parts in Dekalb. Weird concept for most other states.

ATLANTA, GA, All U.S. ZIP Codes, Database - ATLANTA Georgia GA Map, ZIP Code 30339

Old 06-27-2008, 06:05 AM

3,479 posts, read 6,344,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post

Huh? Have you driven through Vinings? The whole center of the village is being redone with new townhomes, retail, and million dollar homes. The Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center is attracting lots of patrons and acts, and the area around it is set to boom up too with several new developments. Cumberland Mall has had some great renovations and continues to be redone inside with new storefronts and new retailers. The Galleria is also set for major remodels.

In terms of county efforts (beyond zoning for the above projects), they also contributed to the "Silence the Train" Campaign for new quieter R&R crossings in Vinings. Cobb Parkway is getting a facelift to make it more pedestrian friendly. The bridge over the Chattahoochee River is also going to be widened and made more pedestrian friendly.

So, I don't get how or where the 30339 zip code in Cobb/Vinings is getting shafted from capital developments at all.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Yep, there are a lots benefits living in an incorporated entity. I personally think the whole metro area should be within an incorporated city. New cities should be created, existing cities should annex.
Unless that 'incorporated entity' is the city of Atlanta in its' current condition...in that case, you can forget it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or