U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-04-2008, 03:56 PM
 
317 posts, read 685,436 times
Reputation: 123

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
As a side-note, if Bravo wanted to break the mold, they SHOULD have worked at it until they gathered a group of old money women from the West Paces/Buckhead area to do that show. THAT would be a much better representation of "housewives of Atlanta" than the young suburban mismatched ones they look like they picked from that group photo. I still bet the people at work wind up getting hooked on it though. LOL

I agree with this last statement because these women seem to be mostly married to athletes whom are a group of men who have a reputation for going broke once they retire. Unless thier atheletic husbands have great investments that will secure thier future I would not be parading this wealth around so fast. And I myself would have preferred to see some old money caucasion women for a change because I wanted to know what all they have contributed to this city. I am not knocking my fellow blacks for thier success but I happen to believe wealthy black in atlanta are overexposed before they have even secured thier wealth. If you watch mtv cribs everyone will know what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-04-2008, 04:04 PM
 
317 posts, read 685,436 times
Reputation: 123
I also wanted to say I am tired of rich people on tv period. No I am not jealous but I would like to see other demogrphics represented as well. And know not on something like wifeswap where they like to make middles class people look ignorant and laxy with poor hygeine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2008, 04:11 PM
 
317 posts, read 685,436 times
Reputation: 123
I have one complaint about this show they at least could have choose real black business people instead of these celeb baby mommas. I would rather see wives of doctor, lawyers, investment bakers etc. But then again maybe these women were the only ones attention starved enough to feel the need to show off thier "wealth" on national television. But with all I said I am still gonna watch lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 07:56 AM
 
Location: LA/ventura
313 posts, read 995,930 times
Reputation: 75
I hear you Maddy...it seems it all about excess these days. Our society seems to be enamored with people who have more money than they know what to with. I still cant believe Britney Spears makes 750,000.00 a MONTH...and she's not even working now.

I cannot even wrap my mind around that. I mean we paid that amount here in southern CA for a house...and it is a 3br/2ba 1600sq ft house on a small lot. I see that alot out here in southern CA...very wealthy people like in the entertainment industry...and people trying to keep up with them. Everything here is priced for those people, meaning everything is expensive. There is reason why the middle class has left CA. They cant afford it.

I think the natural beauty is great here...but personally I would rather have more money in the bank and live somewhere where folks are more grounded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 02:14 PM
 
317 posts, read 685,436 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnergrl View Post
I hear you Maddy...it seems it all about excess these days. Our society seems to be enamored with people who have more money than they know what to with. I still cant believe Britney Spears makes 750,000.00 a MONTH...and she's not even working now.

I cannot even wrap my mind around that. I mean we paid that amount here in southern CA for a house...and it is a 3br/2ba 1600sq ft house on a small lot. I see that alot out here in southern CA...very wealthy people like in the entertainment industry...and people trying to keep up with them. Everything here is priced for those people, meaning everything is expensive. There is reason why the middle class has left CA. They cant afford it.

I think the natural beauty is great here...but personally I would rather have more money in the bank and live somewhere where folks are more grounded.
I am really dissapointed the way we know really worship rich people. Like for instance I been watching fox news today and instead of discussing issues americans need to hear like our environment they have been reported on alex rodriguez divorce all day. Sad isn't it. And I feel so bad for natives of california who have been priced out thanks to wealthy people driving up real estates prices to unreasonable cost. I left nyc for that same reason. At least in somewhere like atlanta 750,000 will get you a mansion in the burbs on lots of land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Atlanta,Ga
826 posts, read 2,734,550 times
Reputation: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
I am really dissapointed the way we know really worship rich people. Like for instance I been watching fox news today and instead of discussing issues americans need to hear like our environment they have been reported on alex rodriguez divorce all day. Sad isn't it. And I feel so bad for natives of california who have been priced out thanks to wealthy people driving up real estates prices to unreasonable cost. I left nyc for that same reason. At least in somewhere like atlanta 750,000 will get you a mansion in the burbs on lots of land.

I agree with you in regards to wanting them to show real Black businessmen, not athletes. I have watched all the Housewife shows( guilty) and have not felt the need to worship any of these people. Their lives get on my nerves and kids are a mess. I enjoy watching their train wrecks of lives. It shows me money doesn't buy happiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 02:27 PM
 
317 posts, read 685,436 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merin View Post
I agree with you in regards to wanting them to show real Black businessmen, not athletes. I have watched all the Housewife shows( guilty) and have not felt the need to worship any of these people. Their lives get on my nerves and kids are a mess. I enjoy watching their train wrecks of lives. It shows me money doesn't buy happiness.

I am guilty of watching them all as well as I will probably tune into the atlanta show. But I am still dissapointed in no business people in the atlanta show. I would have preferred just seeing non black business people instead of seeing the athletes. And I say this because this once again is promoting the stereotype that unless a black person can thorw a ball or rap then he can not be a success and I am sick of this belief. BUt I will watch the sisters anyways and hope that they are positive and act classy. If they are ghetto I will be emailing bravo to protest against this show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Atlanta,Ga
826 posts, read 2,734,550 times
Reputation: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
if they are ghetto i will be emailing bravo to protest against this show.
lol!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 08:57 PM
 
Location: West Cobb County, GA (Atlanta metro)
9,190 posts, read 29,585,414 times
Reputation: 5091
When I'm REALLY bored on a rainy weekend I've caught myself watching some of these reality shows, but you know what? I wouldn't trade my life for a second to be as wealthy as any of these bozos. If anything, I'll watch an episode or two so that afterward I'm THANKFUL I'm not those people. It's like watching an episode of the trailer park chronicals only with larger homes and expensive cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2008, 04:26 AM
 
9,124 posts, read 32,110,748 times
Reputation: 3519
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
I am guilty of watching them all as well as I will probably tune into the atlanta show. But I am still dissapointed in no business people in the atlanta show. I would have preferred just seeing non black business people instead of seeing the athletes. And I say this because this once again is promoting the stereotype that unless a black person can thorw a ball or rap then he can not be a success and I am sick of this belief. BUt I will watch the sisters anyways and hope that they are positive and act classy. If they are ghetto I will be emailing bravo to protest against this show.
I hope you're not holding your breath......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top