U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:03 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,853,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonTOGA View Post
Hello, I plan on relocating to McDonough, GA this coming summer from Newton, Massachuesetts. I will relocate with my two small kids and my husdand. I rethinking moving because of all the bad things that I have heard about GA. Can you please let me know what life is trully like in Henry county, or the McDonough area? What are the schools really like? What are people really like? I've visisted several times, but I feel that a group of people who don't really know me can give me the real truth about this area. Thank you and I appreciate your honest opinions.
I will put it as simply as I can, most whites are avoiding a allot of Henry county or just outright fleeing it. In me and my families case we left because I just couldnt send my daughter to a BAD school. 7 out of the 9 high schools in Henry county are majority black. Only Union Grove and Ola have a majority of white students. So if you like diversity, I guess thats code speak for a black school then by all means you will love McDonough.

Many of the whites that now live in Henry came from Clayton county, its northern neighbor and without question the worst county in the state! Now it wasnt always the armpit of the state but when "white flight" began it transferred the demographics of the county overnight. Just google Clayton county to see what I mean. Now allot of the people that came into Clayton are now looking at McDonough and Henry county. Personally I wouldnt live there if you gave me house because I know whats coming, I have seen it first hand. Lived on the southside most of my life, but thats just one mans opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 04:19 PM

722 posts, read 2,934,375 times
you don't realize it supra, but fear mongerers like you are the reason clayton went downhill and if henry does it will be for the same reason

Old 03-16-2009, 04:47 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,853,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy0027 View Post
you don't realize it supra, but fear mongerers like you are the reason clayton went downhill and if henry does it will be for the same reason
It doesnt matter to me anymore, I had the good sense to move! Call me a fear monger if you like. I just call em like I see em and in this town I have seen enough in my 34 years to know when to get the hell out!!

Old 03-16-2009, 06:36 PM

722 posts, read 2,934,375 times
yes, bad governments that will allow anything to be built in Henry are part of the reason, but if good people stick around now to reform things then Henry will be all right

Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 PM

5 posts, read 17,703 times
wow, I'm moving to McDonough, Ga this year, and I don't know a thing about it. But this I do Know, I know plain out racial remarks when I hear them. Let me tell you something SUPRA, every AFRICAN AMERICAN is not BAD, we are not all uneducated, poor, and living on subsidized something or other!!!! There are good and bad people of every race, and you are certainly not communicating as a credit to yours!! Stop with the hate. If living in a DIVERSIFIED community scares you, then god help you, cause every where you go, you are going to run into people of different colors and cultures. The best thing for you to do is go develop yourself an Island somewhere, get you a bunch of people of your desired color to live with, and be happy, and miss out on all the blessings opening your heart and mind brings when you are tolerant of other people, no matter their race, creed , or color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or