Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:15 AM

45 posts, read 154,740 times

Advertisements

Governor seeks divine intervention to get some rain | ajc.com (broken link)

For someone who doesn't want to read what I have to say, the fact that you actually read through all my posts makes you sound pathetic to me. (now imagine me saying this in a "bless your heart" tone lol) Not saying you are a pathetic person, as I don't know you personally....Here's a suggestion - If you don't like what I have to say then obviously you're not my demographic, so pick up your Dawg bucket and shovel get out of my sandbox... ( :

Look at the response in the discussion part of the article I posted above - oh that's right the AJC is too liberal for the thumper crowd so therefore the paper or the people that read it have no credibility. Wait - what did you say? Delta has flights out ...

Sorry but in the Northeast it isn't called "miserable" it's called telling it like it is with a touch of sarcasm. Many come to this website and ask advice from people who have lived elsewhere and I give it. So what if I strongly criticize where I live? If you have a problem with free speech then I suggest you ban yourself from all public forums and go pray with Sonny to that imaginary rain wizard in the sky.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 AM

425 posts, read 1,755,003 times
Ultimately it is up to the individual to positively or negatively make of the situation (the OP could have inserted any city, not just Atlanta). A loser from another part of the country will not become a winner down here despite the "we are all winners" PC speak.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:03 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,535,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annielennox View Post
Governor seeks divine intervention to get some rain | ajc.com (broken link)

For someone who doesn't want to read what I have to say, the fact that you actually read through all my posts makes you sound pathetic to me. (now imagine me saying this in a "bless your heart" tone lol) Not saying you are a pathetic person, as I don't know you personally....Here's a suggestion - If you don't like what I have to say then obviously you're not my demographic, so pick up your Dawg bucket and shovel get out of my sandbox... ( :

Look at the response in the discussion part of the article I posted above - oh that's right the AJC is too liberal for the thumper crowd so therefore the paper or the people that read it have no credibility. Wait - what did you say? Delta has flights out ...

Sorry but in the Northeast it isn't called "miserable" it's called telling it like it is with a touch of sarcasm. Many come to this website and ask advice from people who have lived elsewhere and I give it. So what if I strongly criticize where I live? If you have a problem with free speech then I suggest you ban yourself from all public forums and go pray with Sonny to that imaginary rain wizard in the sky.
Thanks for reiterating my point.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:14 AM

45 posts, read 154,740 times
Spaceload75 You are so Borg.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:25 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,679,554 times
Quote:
I had to laugh at the ATL area being an educated area - well maybe around Emory but most of those people are transplants. I have never been around such uneducated people in my life especially up in the Dacula, Buford, Hamilton Mill area. Education is not the priority here - it's church and sports.
curious, you've been bashing 'uneducated' people yet you're essentially saying they're uneducated b/c they believe in God. I'm curious as your education. You are saying that b/c someone follows church and sports, that they aren't educated???? Guess I'm screwed, I go to church every Sunday and have season tickets to GT Football....

Oh but wait....

.........I'm 29+ years old, I have a degree from Georgia Tech, I start my MBA in the Spring back at GT. I pray everyday. I've lived in Acworth basically my entire life, except for living downtown during college and briefly after, then Mableton, then back to Acworth. I still work downtown and my co-workers are very educated and we all have different religious backgrounds, not to mention race and cultures.

I'm a Catholic, not a Baptist like most of my friends and people I grew up with. Not once in my entire life have I felt pressure from others and can't remember the last time I was asked about 'if I go to church?'.

One of my groomsman at my upcoming wedding is an Atheist(15 years) and not once has he said the type of bull**** you've said on here.

You're free to say what you want about religion and 'God' but too call someone uneducated b/c of it is just ridiculous and asinine!!!!! and this is coming from someone who gets censored on here all the time.

This just goes to show that you can bash Christians all you want, but the minute you talk about other sensitive things you get censored, on this board and in the media at large, I'll prove it by asking the moderators to delete all your post in the thread b/c I feel offended..... but don't worry, they won't do it!!!!

Old 11-08-2007, 06:36 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,413,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxu66 View Post
I remembered a couple of scenes from Gone with Winds shot over that region.
Do you mean "Gone With the Wind?" NONE of that was shot in Georgia. It was all shot on MGM lots in California.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:42 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,750,914 times
Quote:
My Way News - Georgia Plans Service to Pray for Rain

"What to do when the rain won't come? If you're Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue, you pray.
The governor will host a prayer service next week to ask for relief from the drought gripping the Southeast."

Haha yep this area is not church-centric.

Maybe we can play with snakes too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta