Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,603 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are researching relocating to Atlanta from Virginia Beach, VA. We are in our late 20s/early 30s with no children. We like to be outdoors near the water. We enjoy the occasional happy hour and listening to live music, but we DO NOT like to go to clubs. We do love sports too. We would prefer to be near an area that offers good entertainment with lots to do close by, but keep the commute minimal from Peachtree-Dunwoody. We have heard that Buckhead and Cobb Country are good place, but after reading forums on Buckhead, we are starting to change our minds. We have spent little time in the area and are just starting our research. Any advice on where to live and what to do would be great! P.S. I still have to sell my husband on the move so if you would recommend any things to do to get to know area better, faster. Please let us know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 12:04 PM

308 posts, read 1,035,227 times
What do mean by Peachtree- Dunwoody? Do you know where you would be working yet?

There is a pretty good site that summarizes some of the best places to live in Atlanta. I will pm the site to you.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:00 PM

97 posts, read 436,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinwreck17 View Post
What do mean by Peachtree- Dunwoody? Do you know where you would be working yet?

There is a pretty good site that summarizes some of the best places to live in Atlanta. I will pm the site to you.
Can I get that site as well??? Many thanks!

Old 07-09-2008, 07:43 AM

109 posts, read 328,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinwreck17 View Post

can you pm me that site as well? thank you.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:49 AM

1,576 posts, read 6,334,724 times
I think you would find Atlanta to be a much more vibrant city than Virginia Beach/Norfolk. For my own part, I would prefer living in Atlanta over Virginia Beach/Norolk, and I am a Virginia native (who now lives in the Atlanta area).

That said, your criterion of being near water is one that will not likely be satisfied in Atlanta. There are some great nearby rivers and Lake Lanier is about 45 minutes from Atlanta, but overall Atlanta is (and feels like) a landlocked city. Even the city's river, the Chattahoochie, does not pass through the midtown/downtown portion of the city like the rivers in other landlocked cities. Still, if you are willing to bend on this criterion, you will find that Atlanta has some very good outdoor recreation opportunities, particularly in the north Georgia mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: