U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:26 AM

10 posts, read 29,327 times

Advertisements

Thanks, John.

We're feeling quite good about the area after speaking with people out walking around as well as a chat w/ the captain of police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2007, 10:02 AM

8,862 posts, read 14,385,501 times
From AJC/2-02-07

Re: Brookhaven/Dunwoody

Sembler Condo Complex Coming
Peachtree Gardens Apts--Last Resident Leaves

Go Here>>>
http://tinyurl.com/249dmu (broken link)

I can't recall a time when this apt complex wasn't there--next to Ogelthorpe University. A friend of mine lived there once---her first apartment by herself--many of us had several roommates in order to afford the 'luxury' apartments. Small potatoes to apartment rent today.

Another friend found her first apt (no rommates) at Dresden/Buford Hwy. Her parents had lived there when her dad left the military in the early 50's. I believe that complex is now upscale townhomes.

The new Walmart will be very convenient for the condo residents.

When I am driving around I entertain myself by trying to guess how the area will look 'next year'.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:18 AM

985 posts, read 5,218,514 times
I always amazed by the change in Atlanta for better or for worse. Just another day, I was driving around Chamblee and get lost. Then I saw several nice modern, slicker (boston style) condo complexes next to the MARTA station. It seems that many young professionals live there. People walk dog and such. It must be some types of new developments since I have been to Chamblee many times before but never notice that.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:06 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,385,501 times
Another area that has had an amazing transformation is the ??Sidney Marcus/Home Depot/Piedmont Rd area. Must be part of Buckhead now--

For years it was known as Broadview Plaza. Before that it was 'the bad apartments'--off Cheshire Bridge.

Things got worse over there before they got better around the late 90's.

Apparently 'The Sky's the Limit'--the article said the developer wanted to put a 20 ft condo complex there--DeKalb County has to vote on that later this month, IIRC--so he decided to go with two smaller buildings.
Eventually this sort of development will be found in Doraville and then I guess all the way up Buford Hwy to Pleasant Hill. Might take several decades?

Old 03-07-2007, 05:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,275 times
Default Sexton Woods

For what its worth:

I have lived in 30341 since 94 and had no problems with crime or gangs.
I moved into Sexton Woods in late 06 after living 1/4 mile away since 94. We moved into Sexton Woods for homes, walking, parks and schools. The middle school is the most expensive in GA history, I dont have a kid there yet but I hear it is excellent. I can walk to 4 parks from my house, all excellent.
We have seen some graffiti on the other side of Peachtree Ind.
Checkout chambleega.com and look at the powerpoint of the proposed development (now Great Gatsbys, next to Lowes), they are putting in 350 condos, hotel and retail.

Also, the GM plant that is about to close down may become Atlantic Station II.

IMHO, this area is Buckhead North. Much nicer than Brookhaven (still too many horrible old homes not torn down yet) and better location with access to 85 and 285 and Perimeter mall.

House prices are rising and sales are closing in days unlike the rest of Atlanta.

The first 800K+ house just got sold in Sexton Woods.

Good luck!

Old 03-08-2007, 05:40 AM

10 posts, read 29,327 times
Thanks, bully. Great to hear!

We've closed and moved in and are very happy so far!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or