U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:23 AM

12 posts, read 53,546 times

Advertisements

I just read a lot of posts in Charlotte about McCar homes. Has anyone experienced any issues with homes in the Atlanta area (Norcross). Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 10:48 AM

86 posts, read 394,655 times
I would tell you to stay as far away from a McCarr home as possible.....They build nothing but crap!!!

Old 01-19-2007, 11:00 AM

Thanks for the reply; there are a lot of those comments from folks in NC. Just wondered if it was the same here in GA. Thanks again.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:20 AM

93 posts, read 359,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whispering View Post
Thanks for the reply; there are a lot of those comments from folks in NC. Just wondered if it was the same here in GA. Thanks again.
Whispering.....I'm in Canton. Undoubtedly, you've read many of my posts. My neighbors are posting now, too, regarding McCar and our experiences. It's, sadly, a builder-wide problem with them. They have a long ways to go to earn customer trust and respect, not to mention, quality. Their main problem? SUBCONTRACTORS! Second, employee turnover. Terrbile combination. Insult is added to injury with such a high turnover rate. I felt like beating my head against the wall everytime I had to reexplain my situation to a dozen new faces for the same problem. Very tiresome.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:03 PM

908 posts, read 3,380,179 times
Interesting! Many of the new townhomes I've seen online are from mccar. I'll have to be wary of them.

So what are the good big builders? I know Weiland is high quality (just based on high prices).

Old 01-25-2007, 06:31 PM

985 posts, read 5,217,442 times
Check out Brewboy earlier posts or pm him. He seems to know a lot. My townhouse is built by Pulte. In general, I am pretty happy with it.

Of course, John Weiland is well known for its quality.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:52 AM

GOBLUE, what area of town are you looking in and I can try to give some input as to what you are looking for? I would say this though, townhomes in Atlanta are so common right now that if you ever tried to sell it, you are going to be in for a big shocker!! They are a dime a dozen and people can't move these things in the Atlanta area. Honestly, if you are looking to save on cost and not having to mow a lawn and so forth, I would tell you to rent because of the resale value currently on townhomes in this area. Let me know if I can help!!!! PM me if need be and I can give more specifics on areas you might be looking at.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:57 AM

985 posts, read 5,217,442 times
Brewboy, I believed OP interested in John's Creek and Alpharatta area, what do you think buying townhouse in that area?

Old 01-26-2007, 07:02 AM

In my opinion there are so many townhomes in those areas that you will have a very very hard time dumping them when it comes time. I can name currently about 10 communities right now that are putting up townhomes in the Alpahretta city limits right now. That doesn't include all the ones that were built in the last 5yrs either. They are a dime a dozen and personally would not recommend anyone buying one. But that is just my opinion only!!! I have been around this area for about 10yrs now and have seen the housing industry just explode with townhomes, now people that have them cannot get rid of them.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the advice, we are going to just keep looking. Heard anything about Snellville or Bowen homes? Appreciate the help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta