Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 05:24 PM

3 posts, read 6,104 times

Advertisements

I am on a 3 week business trip in Atlanta and I am a huge coffee freak that loves to try baristas crafts!!! I have 3 (or more ) espresso drinks a day and want to know where to find the best coffee and who makes them specifically. Please help me out as I am only in the Atlanta metro area for 3 weeks and I cant stand most of the Starbucks barista drinks that I've tried so far..

Thank you soo much!!

Coffee Freak Cheri
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 08:35 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
If you're near downtown Decatur, try Dancing Goats on W Ponce...serious coffee.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:36 AM

60 posts, read 245,940 times
In Virginia-Highlands, there are 2 locations of the San Francisco Coffee Company that are serious about their coffee. Both locations are on North Highland: one just south of Ponce De Leon (before you get to North Avenue), and the other up across Virginia at the intersection of N. Highland and Amsterdam (next to the post office). I think you'll be pleased...

Old 07-17-2008, 10:30 PM
VJP

721 posts, read 1,727,922 times
Octane on the Westside

Gathering Grounds in Kirkwood

That is all that needs to be said.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:43 AM

Thank you so much for everyone's help!! Thanks to LovinDecatur.. I had Dancing Goats this morning and LOVED it! Maria(?) took good care of me with my Ameretto White Chocholate Mocha!! I'm always lookin for more help and am trying to conquer everyones suggestions before I leave.

Are there any specific people that make the good drinks? Does anyone know a specific barista that has gone out of their way to make an awesome drink? Let me know!!

Thanks so much everyone!

Old 07-18-2008, 07:15 AM

426 posts, read 1,445,814 times
I second Gathering Grounds in Kirkwood. There is a guy that works weekday mornings, I wish I knew his name. He truly makes a beautiful latte. Absolutely perfect.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriWorld View Post
Thank you so much for everyone's help!! Thanks to LovinDecatur.. I had Dancing Goats this morning and LOVED it! Maria(?) took good care of me with my Ameretto White Chocholate Mocha!! I'm always lookin for more help and am trying to conquer everyones suggestions before I leave.

Are there any specific people that make the good drinks? Does anyone know a specific barista that has gone out of their way to make an awesome drink? Let me know!!

Thanks so much everyone!
So glad DG lived up to my hype.
You should also try Java Monkey (Church St in downtown Decatur across from the MARTA station entrance). It's one of the original independent coffee houses in the metro, and very popular with the Emory/Agnes Scott crowd. My daughter (20) and her friends love to hang there.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:45 PM

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! Thank you soo much VJP for suggesting Octane!!! SOOO delicious! I let Mark make me his fav drink and he made me a Black Forest & Peppermint Mocha! Thanks for the suggestion. I had a great morning because of it! I'm slowly but surely getting through the list!

Keep em' comin coffee people!

Much love
Cheri

Old 07-20-2008, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumboula View Post
I second Gathering Grounds in Kirkwood. There is a guy that works weekday mornings, I wish I knew his name. He truly makes a beautiful latte. Absolutely perfect.
Harry at Dancing Goats is a real artist with the latte as well...yesterday I told him about the OP's effusiveness over his shop and he blushed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: