U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 09:13 AM

431 posts, read 1,947,843 times

Advertisements

You need to get with the dominican hair salons off jimmy carter blvd in Norcross. There are several of them if you get off exit 99, coming north, make a right turn. I'm dominican so i know what i'm talking about. And if you are from NY you will also know that black women love a good dominican hair salon. Don't forget to bring a book cuz you will be there all day long!!

Old 03-10-2007, 10:25 AM

88 posts, read 451,944 times
Default I second that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
Oh, yes, girl, the Dominicans can rock some black hair, just make sure you bring yo' checkbook!!!
I will move this summer to northern GA, but I can tell you that where I am from in the caribbean, only Dominican ladies touch my hair.....They are just wonderful!!!!!! I am glad to hear that there are a few in GA!!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 11:04 PM

103 posts, read 286,680 times
Default I have the same question.

I have the same question about salons.

I am moving to Clayton, but I am willing to travel for a good salon. I wear alot of quick weaves(stocking cap weaves) because of hair loss, but the one thing I do not want is for it to look like a wig/weave. My stylist here in Brooklyn is so hot. She love funky styles. I love them too. Is there someone out there that specialized in it and can make it funky.

Pls adv!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:49 PM

325 posts, read 853,285 times
N'seya hair salon on Roswell Rd. Very nice in my personal opinion.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:17 PM

275 posts, read 1,422,044 times
Default Representing Bahamas here

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroule View Post
I will move this summer to northern GA, but I can tell you that where I am from in the caribbean, only Dominican ladies touch my hair.....They are just wonderful!!!!!! I am glad to hear that there are a few in GA!!!!
So I m ust need to get with this Dominican thing b/c my SIL swears by them. What part of the caribbean are you from? I'm representing the Bahamas through marriage.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:29 PM

88 posts, read 451,944 times
Default Hello there!

I am from Haiti, basically a neighbor of the Dominica Republic......tons of the beauticians work in Haiti and I have spent my 10 years under their careful care. i am so happy that I have been able to go to one salon here. I did make it to the one on Jimmy carters BLVD. It is called Lyly's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rettogo View Post
So I m ust need to get with this Dominican thing b/c my SIL swears by them. What part of the caribbean are you from? I'm representing the Bahamas through marriage.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:11 PM

275 posts, read 1,422,044 times
Default Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroule View Post
I am from Haiti, basically a neighbor of the Dominica Republic......tons of the beauticians work in Haiti and I have spent my 10 years under their careful care. i am so happy that I have been able to go to one salon here. I did make it to the one on Jimmy carters BLVD. It is called Lyly's.
Yes, I am familiar with Hati. Well my husband will be pleased to know that although we havent found a place to live, I got a place to get my hair fixed! Talk about priorities right? Lol.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:43 PM

103 posts, read 286,680 times
Default What about the trend setters

As I said...I need a salon that is settig trends. I do not need the stack curls of the 90. But I need a beautican that is using new ways of cutting...like razor cuts and knowing how to do a realistic weave both long and short.

Can anybody help with a salon like that?

Old 11-02-2007, 08:46 AM

3 posts, read 20,831 times
I used to work at Van Michael Salon in Buckhead. It is pricey, send me a msg and I will tell you who to ask for. I find that I dont like men to cut my hair and I will go to several different salons to get things done, but he is a one man show! And he's really nice too!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 13,153 times
Default Hair Stylist contact info

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvincent View Post
A family friend of mine owns the Magrestiv Salon in Northern Marietta. It is owned by Dominicans and I am sure you have heard of the wonders they perforom with Black hair. If you PM me I can tell you more information and make sure you get a small discount too.

Hi there,
I read your message above and would the contact info for the Dominican hair salon you know of. I am african american with natural hair. i would like the contact info and discount info.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or