U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 04:51 AM

1 posts, read 11,764 times

Advertisements

As a 20 vet in the Hair industry, I find Black women flocking to Dominican salons, unknowingly they use products that are not designed for BLACK women of America. Do yourselves a favor and checkout some Local salons in Atlanta, that use the BEST products and excellent stylist. Cost is also important so don't pay a fortune unless you got one.

Here is a list of some Great salons that's delivers the best

Salon Lyon in East Atlanta Village
Salon Red in decatur
Helmet in East Atlanta
Salon Gregory in West Atlanta

just to name a few I have reffered and the Clients are wowed..

Old 01-14-2009, 07:50 PM

51 posts, read 140,493 times
My African sisters PLEASE Stop destroying your REAL natural African hair! Its killing our community.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:21 AM

325 posts, read 853,200 times
Hmm...I've been using the same girl for my hair for about 12 years...she has a salon in her home but it depends on what side of town you are in because she is in Jonesboro...those other salons are good, but I don't see a need to pay into the hype when I get the absolute same quality for a bit less....

Old 01-15-2009, 08:55 AM

54 posts, read 148,400 times
I have been going to Alre's Hair salon for years. They are located just off of Camp Creek Parkway and 285. If you private message me I will be happy to give you Virginia's contact information. She does a great job on my hair. I get stopped everywhere I go and women ask who does my hair. I swear by her.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 11,018 times
I have been reading all the posts and wanted to ask for some help myself.

I used to have very long hair, then decided I wanted a bob, my stylist in London cut my hair and since 8 years ago, the back of my hair has stopped growing, then my hair started breaking and shedding badly so when I came to the US, I decided to have the big chop. I have had my natural hair for almost 2 years now, but the back still isn't growing. I am always wearing braids because I live on campus and I can have braids on for 3 months and also because it helps me cover the back of my head. This is bringing down my confidence so much and making me stressed out. Just this morning I decided, I probably need, to cut the whole hair down and may be texturize it. Do any of you have any advice or any hair salon that I can go for a nice hair cut and texturizer? I figure keeping it down will be cheaper and easy to manage since I have a hard time combing through my natural hair now. I have 2 more years to go through nursing school and then maybe I will start growing it again and putting a relaxer in.

Any ideas?

Old 03-30-2009, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 10,992 times
I just found out my hari-stylist is moving out of state. I am looking for someone that is excellant with maintaing long healthy hair...Are the dominicans really that good? I also went to N"saya for a year...I'm looking for someone close to lilburn...please help

Old 05-03-2009, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 10,688 times
There is a lady in Dallas Ga., originally from California that is the best kept secret in ATL. Some of her formal cliental is Oprah, J-Lo, and many others. She just move to Georgia 6-9 mths ago. Her name is Katrina she works @ Studio 151, located in Dallas Ga.This lady manages hair like no other, I mean she makes it feel and look gorgeous. My wife goes to her and whenever we are out at least a minimuim of 3 people ask her where she got her hair done. She has cliental that fly from New York and as far as California that flies to this small town outside of ATL to get their hair done. Ladies from a man's point of view, it worth coming anywhere from ATL to check her out. Look up or google "Studio 151" located Dallas, Ga.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 10,282 times
Do you know of any Americans that own dominican hair salons. I am an African American Female and would like to open a hair salon and hire dominican hair stylers. Please respond to [email]lenahall34@hotmail.com[/email]

Old 05-24-2009, 11:12 PM

3 posts, read 16,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odooma View Post
I have been reading all the posts and wanted to ask for some help myself.

I used to have very long hair, then decided I wanted a bob, my stylist in London cut my hair and since 8 years ago, the back of my hair has stopped growing, then my hair started breaking and shedding badly so when I came to the US, I decided to have the big chop. I have had my natural hair for almost 2 years now, but the back still isn't growing. I am always wearing braids because I live on campus and I can have braids on for 3 months and also because it helps me cover the back of my head. This is bringing down my confidence so much and making me stressed out. Just this morning I decided, I probably need, to cut the whole hair down and may be texturize it. Do any of you have any advice or any hair salon that I can go for a nice hair cut and texturizer? I figure keeping it down will be cheaper and easy to manage since I have a hard time combing through my natural hair now. I have 2 more years to go through nursing school and then maybe I will start growing it again and putting a relaxer in.

Any ideas?
Hey girl, I feel ya. My hair used to not grow in the back either, but now it seems to grow faster than anywhere else. Do you sleep with anything on your head? Are you laying or brushing your hair up against anything frequently?

I'm a member of this site called longhaircareforum.com. Check it out cause there are bookoos of info on any question, and I do mean any question you may have. Its help turn my hair around, and I do my own hair and get the same results as if I went to any salon.

Check it out and lemme know! All the girls there are pretty cool and would love to help!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 AM

11 posts, read 63,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdany03 View Post
Hey girl, I feel ya. My hair used to not grow in the back either, but now it seems to grow faster than anywhere else. Do you sleep with anything on your head? Are you laying or brushing your hair up against anything frequently?

I'm a member of this site called longhaircareforum.com. Check it out cause there are bookoos of info on any question, and I do mean any question you may have. Its help turn my hair around, and I do my own hair and get the same results as if I went to any salon.

Check it out and lemme know! All the girls there are pretty cool and would love to help!

I am a fellow LHCF member as well and you will find all types of helpful tips on getting your hair to grow out, the ladies are wonderful. You can also check out blackhairmedia.com as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or