U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 5,250 times

Advertisements

There is too much on that forum. I got this book and it has the best tips on how to grow your hair. Love it!!! This is How to Grow Black, Curly Hair Long and Fast

Old 06-07-2009, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,119 times
I visited the Magrestiv Dominican hair salon in Dallas. The first time it was okay the customer service is a little off but the trim was cool, they speak their language a good bit but the trim was good. The second time i got another lady who says she was the owner (Dallas location) and she did a miserable job on my hair. I asked to have my ends trimmed and she trimmed my ends in less than 10 mins. the scissors must of been dull just like my ends when i left her chair. i went back to let her clean up the edges and she must of been pissed because i came back. When she evened the raggedy ends she cut a chunk of my hair off on the front left side and screwed up the right my hair was a mess, even the girl in the "walmart" salon couldn't say anything other than why did she do that and it would be best to just let it grow back. I was too afraid to let her touch the back when i saw her screw up the front. I would never go back ..ever i could of screwed up the way she did for free. Now i'm afraid to go to any of the Dominican shops due to this one experience.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:31 PM

51 posts, read 140,579 times
Self hatred and ignorance are the two biggest problems facing the future of our people. Every time we take 1 step away from the psychological plantation, this image problem of ours manage to pull us 2 steps back.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:05 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 2,923,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd1588 View Post
Self hatred and ignorance are the two biggest problems facing the future of our people. Every time we take 1 step away from the psychological plantation, this image problem of ours manage to pull us 2 steps back.
So black women should wear dreads or afros in order to have black pride? Please get over yourself!!!!

Old 06-10-2009, 11:54 AM

26 posts, read 119,166 times
I live in between Queens, NYC and Fairburn in South Fulton. In NYC, I frequent salons with Dominican stylists, as they are on almost every corner and, as some jeweloflight and stvincent have stated, they are fabulous with Black hair (just gotta watch the heat applied though). Whenever I am home in Fairburn, I have to wait until heading back to NY to get my hair done, which is not working at all...especially with the summer coming in. Can anyone recommend a salon or stylist that isn't too far from me...like 20 minutes away. I am still getting used to driving 15 minutes to the Bodega or grocery store, and to make matter worse, I moved straight into the forest! BUT I LOVE ITT!

Old 06-10-2009, 11:56 AM

26 posts, read 119,166 times
And oh, I think jeweloflight hinted that they are expensive? How much do they usually charge for a wash, condition, and blow out down here? In NYC (anywhere) it is typically no more than $20 - or you're being jipped.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:42 AM

2 posts, read 22,633 times
Please Help! I am an African American hair w/ natural hair that is very kinky, thick and long. My hair breaks terribly with relaxers but grows great w/ the Wave Nouveau (which also saves time on styling). I am new to the Atlanta, GA area and am looking for a good salon that still does this process. Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 AM

926 posts, read 1,862,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alg15 View Post
Please Help! I am an African American hair w/ natural hair that is very kinky, thick and long. My hair breaks terribly with relaxers but grows great w/ the Wave Nouveau (which also saves time on styling). I am new to the Atlanta, GA area and am looking for a good salon that still does this process. Your help is greatly appreciated!!
I know some good salons, but never even heard of that process. What is it and maybe I can direct you someplace??

Old 09-04-2009, 11:13 AM

3,440 posts, read 7,052,718 times
Sigh.... I'm a black man, and this is just a re-occurring theme: Help! Help! I need to find a hair salon!!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:22 AM

3,440 posts, read 7,052,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd1588 View Post
My African sisters PLEASE Stop destroying your REAL natural African hair! Its killing our community.
Yes this is true... Go check out some vids by Dr. York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or