U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2007, 12:22 PM

59 posts, read 331,874 times

Advertisements

I am a white single male moving to Atlanta from Columbus, OH. I just got a job in atlanta and will be relocating there in about 2-3 weeks from now. Today is the 21st of January 2007. My new job is located at the intersection of I 85 and I 285. Any suggestions where to live. I want to spend about 800 a month. I have a dog, so a little fenced in area would be great. My new boss recomended Sandy Springs or Dunwoody because I would be going against the rush hour traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 01:03 PM

985 posts, read 5,221,459 times
I agree with your boss. Dunwoody/Sandy Spring is probably best location for your job location. You can find a nice neighborhood near MARTA train in dunwoody. One property is called Post Dunwoody. Anyway, the whole neighborhood has five or six apartment complex. A lot of young couples and college students live that neighborhood. For $800, you probably can only get one bedroom. It is very convenient location. If you ever want to visit city, just hop up the train without worrying traffic.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Thanks for the info

Do you happen to know if the complex allows dogs?

Old 01-21-2007, 01:08 PM

985 posts, read 5,221,459 times
I think that they do. Call them just want to make sure. However, there probably will be some pet deposits you have to pay. All those apartments are gated community, by the way.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:11 PM

Default ATL bound

Great info. I will be visiting Atlanta next weekend to look for a place and I will put this place on top of my list.

Does anyone know of any apartmnets that have a dog run. Up here in Ohio we have dog runs which are little fenced in areas where dogs can run to release some of that built up apartment energy that they tend to build up.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:42 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,395,544 times
Default Dog Parks

I haven't heard of apartment communities with dog runs.

Atlanta is 'Dog Friendly'---there is a nice park/sports complex on Ashford Dunwoody Rd where many walk their dogs and Jones Bridge Park/Peachtree Corners --part of the Chattahoochee River Park system is about 30 minutes away.

Lots of places to get out and about with your dog.

Many apts prefer 25lb dogs.

You will have many options for housing in this area--maybe renting a small house with a fenced yard would be better for you if you have a larger breed?

I have no idea what you might find appropriate but it sounds like you will be in the Perimeter Mall area---you could look in the Peachtree Corners area too --considered 'Norcross/Gwinnett' but Fulton/Sandy Springs & DeKalb/Dunwoody and Peachtree Corners/Gwinnett all come together in that vicinity.

sls

Old 01-21-2007, 01:52 PM

Thanks for the info. My dog is about 40 lbs.

A house would be a better option for me I think. What areas did you say are good for renting a house?

I can afford to spend up to 900 if I really like the place.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:37 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,395,544 times
Default Houses/Dogs

Derek--

I sent you a PM.

There are houses for rent in what might be considered the southern part of Dunwoody/closer to Chamblee that might be around $800. Along some rds like--Ashford Dunwoody/Flowers Rd and then out further to Peachtree Corners--a road called Spalding Drive actually runs back into Dunwoody proper. I cannot explain how.

Look at this map to get some idea of how Fulton/DeKalb/Gwinnett intersect>>>
http://www.tmbmanagement.com/Atlanta...lanta_map.html

Peachtree Corners>>>>>>>

http://www.upcca.com/

>>>(Actually in Gwinnett/Norcross--yet not far from where you will be working---I like this area myself

sls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or