U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 04:12 PM

465 posts, read 2,210,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvincent View Post
No part of Vinings is in Smyrna. The entire community lies within a small portion of unincorporated Cobb County with Atlanta, GA 30339 as the city, state, and zip portion of our addresses. Smyrna(zips 30080 and 30082) has been trying to expand the Vinings community by building every new subdivision with Vinings somewhere in the title but that does not make these new upscale parts of Smyrna apart of the Vinings community. Mableton has stated to do the same thing. The Vinings community is zoned to schools in Smyrna and the main road, Paces Ferry, does enter into Smyrna, but Vinings is everthing inside I-285 south of Cumberland Blvd. within Cobb County. You can visit www.city-data.com/city/Vinings-Georgia.html for a boundry map.

As for affordabilty, the apartments in Vinings are very cheap. Some offer one bedrooms in the 500s to 600s range. The townhomes and condos range from the 200s(for those on Mt. Wilkinson) to the 900s+ Most along Paces Mill and Paces Ferry are priced in the 300s to 900s range. Older homes, which make up most of Vinings, are priced from the 500s to the millions. Newer homes start around 700K and go up from there as the previos poster mentioned.

If you are looking to live in Buckhead for the affluence but can't afford the million dollar price tag, Vinings is a great alternative. Many homes are still priced in the 600s to 800s range and the community is imediately adjacent to Buckhead. Also the Buckhead private schools are a stone's throw away. Lovett sits on the Vinings/Buckhead border and Pace and Westminster are both less than 10 minutes away from any part of Vinings. These are arguably the best schools in the Metro area. Also your zip code, 30339, would give you an Atlanta address without having to pay the higher Atlanta property taxes. I live in Vinings and my kids attend Lovett. If you would be interested in Vinings as an alternative to Buckhead, I would be more than happy to assist you. Just PM me!
Uh, I live in The Park at VININGS apartments, yet I have a Smyrna address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 05:39 PM

426 posts, read 2,110,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
Uh, I live in The Park at VININGS apartments, yet I have a Smyrna address.
Then you live in Smyrna. ALL of Vinings has an Atlanta address even though it is in Cobb County. Developers are just spreading the Vinings name into Smyrna and Mableton so they can charge their customers more money. I know where the Park at Vinings is, its on the border between Smyrna and Vinings but lies outside of the actual community. People call that area Vinings or Cumberland for the sake of cutting down confusion.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvincent View Post
No part of Vinings is in Smyrna. The entire community lies within a small portion of unincorporated Cobb County with Atlanta, GA 30339 as the city, state, and zip portion of our addresses. Smyrna(zips 30080 and 30082) has been trying to expand the Vinings community by building every new subdivision with Vinings somewhere in the title but that does not make these new upscale parts of Smyrna apart of the Vinings community. Mableton has stated to do the same thing. The Vinings community is zoned to schools in Smyrna and the main road, Paces Ferry, does enter into Smyrna, but Vinings is everthing inside I-285 south of Cumberland Blvd. within Cobb County. You can visit www.city-data.com/city/Vinings-Georgia.html for a boundry map.

As for affordabilty, the apartments in Vinings are very cheap. Some offer one bedrooms in the 500s to 600s range. The townhomes and condos range from the 200s(for those on Mt. Wilkinson) to the 900s+ Most along Paces Mill and Paces Ferry are priced in the 300s to 900s range. Older homes, which make up most of Vinings, are priced from the 500s to the millions. Newer homes start around 700K and go up from there as the previos poster mentioned.

If you are looking to live in Buckhead for the affluence but can't afford the million dollar price tag, Vinings is a great alternative. Many homes are still priced in the 600s to 800s range and the community is imediately adjacent to Buckhead. Also the Buckhead private schools are a stone's throw away. Lovett sits on the Vinings/Buckhead border and Pace and Westminster are both less than 10 minutes away from any part of Vinings. These are arguably the best schools in the Metro area. Also your zip code, 30339, would give you an Atlanta address without having to pay the higher Atlanta property taxes. I live in Vinings and my kids attend Lovett. If you would be interested in Vinings as an alternative to Buckhead, I would be more than happy to assist you. Just PM me!
A one bedroom in Vinings for $500? Let me know where that is, because the market price for our two bedroom was $1000k. I have yet to see an apartment in our complex for $499 a month.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:29 PM

699 posts, read 2,302,619 times
Wow, there is some touchiness about Vinings...Vinings is officially better than Smyrna so there is no need to get your panties in a wad...

I'm still laughing over John1963's comment "Virginia-Highland is too close to crack town". Cracktown has moved to suburban high schools...didn't you get the memo??? VA Highland is a top-notch community and way out of my price range...and no part of it is in Smyrna!!

Old 01-26-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
A one bedroom in Vinings for $500? Let me know where that is, because the market price for our two bedroom was $1000k. I have yet to see an apartment in our complex for $499 a month.
I guess it's been a while since I've checked apartment rates in this area. Prices are still low compared with Buckhead right next door. You can get a one bedroom for about $650 a month at the Lakes at Vinings Apartments on Paces Ferry Road. And for about $800 you can get a two bedroom apartment in the Paces Station Apartments off Cumberland Pkwy.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
Wow, there is some touchiness about Vinings...Vinings is officially better than Smyrna so there is no need to get your panties in a wad...

I'm still laughing over John1963's comment "Virginia-Highland is too close to crack town". Cracktown has moved to suburban high schools...didn't you get the memo??? VA Highland is a top-notch community and way out of my price range...and no part of it is in Smyrna!!
Panties aren't in a wad, just keeping the facts what they are...

Old 01-28-2007, 05:24 PM

i wasn't referring to YOUR panties jewel...

Old 01-28-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
i wasn't referring to YOUR panties jewel...
I was just setting the record straight on the bourdries of Vinings. The entire city of Smyrna thinks their particular neighborhood is a corner of Vinings. I know some people may be confused, as Jewel was, as to what was Vinings and what was not...just thought I'd clear it up for the masses.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:46 PM

If my house had a Smyrna address but it was kinda near Vinings, I would definitely say I lived in Vinings because it is a more desireable place to live than Smyrna.

It's like people living halfway up to Chamblee on Buford Highway claiming they're in Buckhead...I call it extreme southeast Buckhead or Buckford Heights, and my friend that lives in that area hates it...

Old 01-28-2007, 07:44 PM
LLD

654 posts, read 2,772,403 times
FWIW, I have a friend in Buckhead (grew up in Cobb and has lived in Altanta all her life) and she says the real estate agents are notorious for calling various places in Smyrna by the name Vinings because Vinings is more desirable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or