U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:12 PM

321 posts, read 1,397,501 times

Advertisements

The part of Acworth that's in Paulding County is pretty far away from the interstate. You need a helicopter. Don't do it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 07:30 PM

20 posts, read 47,502 times
Hello everyone,

We are a young couple who are looking to move to the Atlanta area. One of us will be woking off of Power Ferrys Road. We are looking for a great safe area with great schools. We are looking for that great community feel (bridgemill). We have heard great things about the Canton/Holly Springs/Woodstock/Alpharetta areas. How is the commute time? We were hoping for some local feed back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 09-04-2007, 10:48 AM

3,479 posts, read 6,186,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtoga View Post
Hello everyone,

We are a young couple who are looking to move to the Atlanta area. One of us will be woking off of Power Ferrys Road. We are looking for a great safe area with great schools. We are looking for that great community feel (bridgemill). We have heard great things about the Canton/Holly Springs/Woodstock/Alpharetta areas. How is the commute time? We were hoping for some local feed back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Not sure on your price range, but East Cobb would be the best for you in this aspect. However, the houses there are pricey for the same reasons, so again, it is your price range that is a factor.

I wouldn't do Woodstock or Canton for a commute to Powers Ferry (this is OTP Powers Ferry I presume, in Atlanta/Marietta?). Too long of a commute (1 hour+ easy!). Roswell would be decent - this is in far East Cobb/northwest Fulton County. I'm not sure how SR 120 is from Roswell to Powers Ferry though during commute hours.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:25 AM

20 posts, read 47,502 times
we are looking in the 300-350 price range. we hear east cobb is good but are unsure of where to look.

as far as to power ferrys road, i believe that it is where 75 and the 275(what ever the name of the highway is, the perimiter cirlcle?) intersect......

Old 11-27-2007, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,841 times
Default I live in Holly Springs - Harmony on the Lakes

Augustus,

You will almost invariably find a disgruntled homeowner who will wholeheartedly bash a subdivision, making sweeping generalizations about it, oftentimes undeservedly so. In my opinion, this is what one of your replies said about Harmony. I have lived in a Harmony home for one year, and find it to be a terrific community to live in. It is a very new community (The Meadows) which is a Pulte home. They have been conscientious with my husband and I in regards to our home, quick to address any concerns we might have. The neighborhoods are extremely family-friendly, with gorgeous hiking trails all over the subdivision, which frames Lake Harmony. During the summertime, taking evening walks around these trails treats one to the most beautiful sunsets. Really, really beautiful.

I also belomg to the Activities Committee, and know for a fact that each member is interested in making Harmony a most-excellent place to call home.

As for the person who referred to the "nice idea, crappy homes" here at Harmony, I disagree. Maybe this person is just more than a little miserable about everything. I mean, take a look at the other replies of this individual -- are any of them positive?

Harmony is a terrific place to live. For your money, you get a lot.

As for the commute, that can be a bit of a *****. That is pretty much everywhere in Metro Atlanta though. It's growing so fast, it's unavoidable. There are, however, shortcuts to getting you to the 575/75. Highway 5 shoots you straight down to the 75. That might be an option for you.

Good luck with your decision.

Elizabeth

Old 11-27-2007, 02:32 PM

136 posts, read 420,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz4mia View Post
As for the person who referred to the "nice idea, crappy homes" here at Harmony, I disagree. Maybe this person is just more than a little miserable about everything. I mean, take a look at the other replies of this individual -- are any of them positive?
Elizabeth
I read other replies from this individual and found quite a few positive ones. He even had positive comments about one of the builders in Harmony.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:37 PM

42 posts, read 180,911 times
Default Home Quality from Builders in Harmony on the Lakes

Brewboy has weighed in with his strongly negative opinion (thanks Brewboy - nice to see someone who isn't afraid to say it exactly as he sees it!!!), but I would love to hear from people who actually OWN homes in Harmony on the Lakes with regard to quality of the homes, how they stand up to wear and tear, and the various developer's support of the home under the warranty after purchase. Either post in here or reply to me privately - thanks much!

Happy days!
~V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewboy View Post
Let me tell you one thing about Harmony! Great concept!! CRAPPY homes.....Stay away from that place!!! Promise, do yourself a favor and DO NOT buy in there. No matter what builder you look at in there, they are not quality built homes at all. The concept and atmosphere is what get's people in that place, the homes certainly are not even close to being quality construction.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:21 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,132,421 times
I can comment on our home in HOTL. We're 7 months into owning a Pulte home there, and we couldn't be happier. While the quality level isn't that of a $1 million custom home, it's very good for a production home- especially compared to some of the stuff I've seen from other builders around the metro area. We've had very few warranty issues, and they always responded promptly to a simple email request for service. The materials used are holding up very well- the flooring is full-thickness hardwood (not the thin engineered flooring), the fixtures are all Moen and Kohler, and everything else is on the higher end of builder-grade materials. There's a few nail pops and floor squeaks which will be addressed at the 11-month walkthrough, but that's the extent of issues that need to be addressed.

Friends of ours have a Malloy home in HOTL that they've lived in for over 2 years, and it's holding up well also. They had a few bumps with warranty service, but nothing major and nothing that wasn't resolved. I can't comment directly on the other builders, but we've talked to people who live in pretty much all of the areas in the development and haven't really heard anything negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or