Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:55 AM

65 posts, read 170,094 times

Advertisements

poohbear: How big of an apartment are you looking for? How much are you looking to spend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 04:38 PM

22 posts, read 138,998 times
Thanks for writing back EA - so many of these posts go ignored! I am looking for a 2 bed/bath and am willing to go around $1200. Thanks sooooo much for any advice - good or bad!!

Old 07-29-2008, 05:05 PM

426 posts, read 1,446,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloquent_alligator View Post
ramblin - A generic waffle special - Waffle, eggs, hash browns... (I think the hash browns were the problem)
If you choose to repeat the Waffle House experience, I recommend ordering "scattered, smothered, chunked, and diced" to solve the hash brown problem. Swore off the things years ago, but sometimes I can't resist.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:37 AM

65 posts, read 170,094 times
gumbuola: I'm a little nervous about the name of the dish, but if I ever venture there I will try it! LOL

poohbear: I don't know about the second bath, but you definitely wont have a problem finding a 2 BR for that price. Some of the more popular complexes are Camden Deerfield, Orion at Deerfield, Preserve at Deerfield, Stoneleigh and Deerfield. I'd try maps.google.com. If you search based off of Deerfield and Morris for "Apartments" you'll see a number of them that popup. Additionally, I found promove to be helpful in putting together a basic list of apartments. www.promove.com

Will you have a chance to visit the area very much before you move? If you can come out and book a hotel/motel for a weekend while looking for a place, that will help dramatically as well.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:09 PM

22 posts, read 138,998 times
Eloquent_alligator, I will only have two days to scope out the situation AND secure an apartment...yikes!! Do you have any personal insight on any of these apartments from you search? I have looked at all of these online and while they "appear" to be nice from the management's perspective, I could really use some opinions that are first hand from "real" people.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:26 PM

97 posts, read 437,605 times
I agree with the high regards for Pro Move - brilliant operation.

E_A:

Scattered: Hashbrowns spread out and crispy
Smothered: With Cheese (or was it onions?)
Covered: With onions (or was it cheese?)
Chunked: Add chunks of ham
Diced: Add diced tomatoes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta