U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2007, 09:00 PM

6 posts, read 23,033 times

Advertisements

Hello I am about to move to ATL in a few months and i was wondering where a relatively close place to live near GSU is? Any help will be great. I dont want to find a place to live and have it be 30 minutes away from the school.
Ann-Marie
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 09:17 PM

426 posts, read 2,110,224 times
Check out Mableton. A townhome can be purchased in the mid 100s to the low 300s and homes range from the mid 200s to the 800s. Its also only 15-20 minutes to downtown with traffic. Decatur is also nice but most new homes there start in the 300s and go up fom there. Living in Decatur would also give you easier acess to Marta, which would be nice due to the fact that there is limited parking around the GSU campus.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:18 PM

985 posts, read 5,219,177 times
I think that most of GSU students living away from the campus. I know GSU dormatory (although they tried to sell) is located next to Ga Tech. GSU is trying to build new dorms in downtown but that's years away. There are limit options within downtown unless you want to lease and/or buy a condo there. I think that midtown is still the best option.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:20 PM

1,088 posts, read 5,733,365 times
I could be wrong but I believe the GSU dorms are supposed to open next year. Check out http://www.centralatlantaprogress.org/LivingHere.asp (broken link). If you click on the housing map it shows all the condos and rental units in the downtown area. There are a lot of other areas just outside downtown which would probably work as well such as Midtown, Virginia Highlands or Little Five Points. It depends on what you are looking for.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxman777 View Post
I could be wrong but I believe the GSU dorms are supposed to open next year. Check out http://www.centralatlantaprogress.org/LivingHere.asp (broken link). If you click on the housing map it shows all the condos and rental units in the downtown area. There are a lot of other areas just outside downtown which would probably work as well such as Midtown, Virginia Highlands or Little Five Points. It depends on what you are looking for.
The new GSU dorms at Piedmont and Ellis open in for the fall semester of this year. It's really hih to stay on campus though. If you are a student and not an employee like I assumed the first time, it would be cheaper to rent in Midtown or Buckhead. That would also put you within a good distance of a few Marta stations too, which is how a large number of the students there get to school.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:30 PM

6 posts, read 23,033 times
Is Buckhead close to GSU???? i found some apartments in Buckhead but i have no idea if thats an easy drive for GSU??? ugh

Old 01-23-2007, 11:02 PM

31 posts, read 134,145 times
if you are going to gsu, you will probably want to use marta as there aren't a lot of places to live right near the university.

go to the marta website to see the rail map and try to find a place close to one of the stops.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgavrilas View Post
Is Buckhead close to GSU???? i found some apartments in Buckhead but i have no idea if thats an easy drive for GSU??? ugh
Buckhead is about ten to fifteen minutes north of GSU depending on which part.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:07 AM

1,088 posts, read 5,733,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin44 View Post
if you are going to gsu, you will probably want to use marta as there aren't a lot of places to live right near the university.

go to the marta website to see the rail map and try to find a place close to one of the stops.
There are actually a lot of places to live in Downtown. Including the 2500 university units there are over 14,000 units in Downtown and another 8500 planned or under construction. Over 23,000 people currently live downtown.

Granted not all that is within walking distance but a lot of it is. The only problem is it can be expensive as downtown has become a popular place to live.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:19 AM

8,862 posts, read 14,388,045 times
Default Gsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgavrilas View Post
Hello I am about to move to ATL in a few months and i was wondering where a relatively close place to live near GSU is? Any help will be great. I dont want to find a place to live and have it be 30 minutes away from the school.
Ann-Marie
For years students have commuted to GSU.

You really have a number of options. Look at the NE area--towards Emory/Decatur.

I suppose you know that the 'campus' of GSU is downtown Atlanta?

The bldgs are located all over the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or