U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2007, 11:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,463 times

Advertisements

can anyone give suggestions on where to live. we come from a planned community in orlando and have enjoyed the amenities (pools, parks, village, walking trails). we have 2 kids, so that will be factoring into our decision. my husband will be working downtown and doesn't want more than a 30 minute commute. is there anything like this within the perimeter of atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 11:44 PM

426 posts, read 2,109,794 times
Giving advice on where to live is very hard without knowing your price range...

Old 01-24-2007, 06:50 AM

3 posts, read 6,386 times
Default Hello

I recently moved from Altamonte Springs to Atlanta. Its been about 4 months and I work downtown as well. I live in the Decatur/Dekalb county area. Briarcliff is really nice. They are also building up through South Decatur, so you can get a nice sized house for a reasonable price and be part of the renovation.
Welcome!

Old 01-24-2007, 02:22 PM

279 posts, read 337,010 times
Personally i would move somewhere near the marta subway system and take the train downtown. Sounds like you want the sandy springs/roswell area.
Inside the perimiter, look to the murphy candler area in zip code 30319, i grew up there, it is safe, has a huge park with lake and little leauge baseball/football, only a mile to the perimiter subway station.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,463 times
price range would be about 300- 350K and unfortunately my husband won't be able totake marta (he has a company vehicle). i saw clark's gvoe in covington and it was gorgeous; however, i assume the commute would be awful (??). someone also suggested lilburn and try to add up or out to an older home. any thoughts?!?

Old 01-31-2007, 07:09 AM

2,290 posts, read 4,946,710 times
$300-$350K is going to be a challenge within the perimeter, but not necessarily impossible. Someone mentioned the area around Murphy Candler park. It's a great, older, established neighborhood. But the price range is closer to $375K and up. Covington and Lilburn are both outside the perimeter, and traffic would be an issue for you.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:56 PM

383 posts, read 716,547 times
although traffic from Covington / Conyers is bad....it's not as bad as many of the other suburbs.....honestly....it's probably the best direction to come from into atlanta. (either from the east, or southwest)

Old 02-02-2007, 11:09 PM

426 posts, read 2,109,794 times
Going from Covington to Atlanta on I-20 would still be a horrible commute. The same is true of Lilburn(even though I think Lilburn's southside is gorgeous ).Your husband would be facing between and an hour and a half commutecoming from these places though, depending on the day. I would suggest moving to Fayetteville. It is not inside the perimeter but is only about 35-40 minutes away in traffic to the center of Atlanta and you will get the most for your money in that price range down there(exellent schools, great location close to city, and ALOT of house).

Unfortunately, all $350,000 buys in the decent neighborhoods in the city now is a 2 bedroom condo. It's become VERY expensive to live ITP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or