U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Woodstock, GA
1,983 posts, read 3,349,108 times
Reputation: 2343

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Maybe you should take your own advice? No part of country club of the south sits inside the Alpharetta city limits.
Or Roswell for that matter. Johns Creek city limits down that way extend all the way to Nesbit Ferry.

But, hey, I'd hate to make everyone else look wrong. Maybe in another 6 years someone will "correct" me again.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-17-2014, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
480 posts, read 309,986 times
Reputation: 411
The singer Usher Raymond abandoned his mansion in the CCOS and moved to a leased mansion near Northside Dr. after a fan knocked on his door on 2 separate occasions. She was arrested both times. So much for security and piece of mind in a guard gated community. By the way, Usher's son nearly drowned in the pool at the leased mansion. He leased it so his name wouldn't show up in public records. He took his CCOS house off the market in 2013 after 2 years with no offers.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2014, 03:38 PM
 
38 posts, read 57,034 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Maybe you should take your own advice? No part of country club of the south sits inside the Alpharetta city limits. As a matter of fact, no part of Alpharetta goes as far south as Old Alabama Rd.

You should probably buy a map before you move in!
Perhaps CCOC is in a part of "unincorporated" Fulton County that has an Alpharetta mailing address - though it doesn't officially lie within the Alpharetta city limits? Much of DeKalb County, for example, is like this - lots of unincorporated territory that takes the mailing address of the nearest city (generally-speaking). Though Decatur is a small city that doesn't incorporate a lot of territory, a vast amount of unincorporated territory in south DeKalb County has a Decatur mailing address, and is commonly described as being "Decatur".
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2014, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
1,405 posts, read 4,230,034 times
Reputation: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by salemsally View Post
Perhaps CCOC is in a part of "unincorporated" Fulton County that has an Alpharetta mailing address - though it doesn't officially lie within the Alpharetta city limits? Much of DeKalb County, for example, is like this - lots of unincorporated territory that takes the mailing address of the nearest city (generally-speaking). Though Decatur is a small city that doesn't incorporate a lot of territory, a vast amount of unincorporated territory in south DeKalb County has a Decatur mailing address, and is commonly described as being "Decatur".
CCOS in entirely within the city limits of Johns Creek.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2014, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Johns Creek area
9,553 posts, read 8,616,515 times
Reputation: 5052
Regardless of its location, if you have the right change then I think it may be worth it. It's a beautiful neighborhood.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2014, 05:02 PM
 
38 posts, read 57,034 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
CCOS in entirely within the city limits of Johns Creek.
That's interesting - because for years, certain notable people who have lived in CCOS have been described as living in "Alpharetta". From Andre Rison to some of the Braves players - they were all described as living in "Alpharetta", IIRC.

Isn't Johns Creek a relatively new municipality? Perhaps CCOS had a legitimate Alpharetta address before Johns Creek came along? (Then again, I don't see the residents of CCOS easily agreeing to switch addresses...)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2014, 05:19 PM
 
Location: NW Atlanta
4,995 posts, read 3,474,509 times
Reputation: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by salemsally View Post
That's interesting - because for years, certain notable people who have lived in CCOS have been described as living in "Alpharetta". From Andre Rison to some of the Braves players - they were all described as living in "Alpharetta", IIRC.

Isn't Johns Creek a relatively new municipality? Perhaps CCOS had a legitimate Alpharetta address before Johns Creek came along? (Then again, I don't see the residents of CCOS easily agreeing to switch addresses...)
Johns Creek was only incorporated in 2006, and before then CCOS homes had Alpharetta addresses.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2014, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
1,405 posts, read 4,230,034 times
Reputation: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by salemsally View Post
That's interesting - because for years, certain notable people who have lived in CCOS have been described as living in "Alpharetta". From Andre Rison to some of the Braves players - they were all described as living in "Alpharetta", IIRC.

Isn't Johns Creek a relatively new municipality? Perhaps CCOS had a legitimate Alpharetta address before Johns Creek came along? (Then again, I don't see the residents of CCOS easily agreeing to switch addresses...)
As far as the USPS is concerned, they still have an Alpharetta address. There is no such thing as a Johns Creek zip code, as the post office does not care about municipal boundaries in terms of their operations. The city has petitioned the post office to have an actual, single Johns Creek zip code but it has not happened yet. This is what the city website says:

"Even though Johns Creek residents share a total of five zip codes – 30005, 30022, 30024, 30076, and 30097 – with the adjoining cities of Alpharetta, Roswell, Duluth, and Suwanee, so long as you include the correct zip code with your Johns Creek mailing address, the U.S. Postal Service will deliver your mail.

Established and administered by the USPS, zip codes don't always correspond with jurisdictional lines, as is the case with Johns Creek and other cities in North Fulton.

Upon incorporation, city leaders began discussions with congressional representatives and the USPS to obtain a single zip code for Johns Creek. To do this requires the USPS build a post office in our jurisdiction. With cutbacks in the USPS, that is not likely to happen in the near future, though city leaders continue to discuss the situation with decision makers in D.C."
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2014, 08:27 PM
 
Location: NW Atlanta
4,995 posts, read 3,474,509 times
Reputation: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
As far as the USPS is concerned, they still have an Alpharetta address. There is no such thing as a Johns Creek zip code, as the post office does not care about municipal boundaries in terms of their operations. The city has petitioned the post office to have an actual, single Johns Creek zip code but it has not happened yet. This is what the city website says:

"Even though Johns Creek residents share a total of five zip codes 30005, 30022, 30024, 30076, and 30097 with the adjoining cities of Alpharetta, Roswell, Duluth, and Suwanee, so long as you include the correct zip code with your Johns Creek mailing address, the U.S. Postal Service will deliver your mail.

Established and administered by the USPS, zip codes don't always correspond with jurisdictional lines, as is the case with Johns Creek and other cities in North Fulton.

Upon incorporation, city leaders began discussions with congressional representatives and the USPS to obtain a single zip code for Johns Creek. To do this requires the USPS build a post office in our jurisdiction. With cutbacks in the USPS, that is not likely to happen in the near future, though city leaders continue to discuss the situation with decision makers in D.C."
That's the same situation with Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, and Brookhaven. All of those cities inherited Atlanta zip codes yet residents/businesses can use the new city's name. Incidentally, many companies in those jurisdictions still list Atlanta addresses.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2014, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Woodstock, GA
1,983 posts, read 3,349,108 times
Reputation: 2343
Quote:
Originally Posted by salemsally View Post
Perhaps CCOC is in a part of "unincorporated" Fulton County that has an Alpharetta mailing address - though it doesn't officially lie within the Alpharetta city limits?
Yes it used to be unincorporated. But when Johns Creek was created it included nearly all of the unincorporated land in North Fulton. Including CCOS. You can probably still send mail to a house in CCOS using the city name of "Alpharetta". But that doesn't mean the house is actually within the Alpharetta city limits. It isn't.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top