Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 11:49 AM
rgs rgs started this thread

4 posts, read 98,583 times

Advertisements

Is Country Club of the South worth the price (vs. other Alpharetta or Duluth subdivisions)?
There is a $250/month homeowners fee (and about 20% higher property taxes).
What does one get for the homeowners fee? What is it like to live there?
Thanks in advance for any comments or guidance.

Last edited by rgs; 01-24-2007 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: A little more detailed question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 12:28 PM

426 posts, read 2,316,822 times
The Country Club of the south is one of the most prestigious addresses in Atlanta. Only the Cherokee Town and Country Club carries more 'clout'. The community is guard gated. No one can just go cruising in the community because they want to see how the homes look, your name has to be on a list with the guard. The golf course there is fantastic and they also have an active and amzing tennis club as well. Many celebrities have choosen the CCOS as their home like Whitney Houston and many players from Atlanta's prfessional teams. The homes are pricey but worthit. The homes are gorgeous and the HOA with its expensive dues and strict rules ensures the community stays beautiful. Also the community is zoned to Chattahoochee High School which consistantly ranks among the top three best high schools in the state. Woodward North is also nearby.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:47 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,083,157 times
I haven't lived there, just visited friends and attended a couple of wedding receptions at the club. The landscaped "common areas" are uncommonly beautiful, as you've probably noticed. The golf course is a championship Jack Nicklaus course and the private club has a fantastic chef -- Phillipe Haddad.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:01 PM

985 posts, read 5,741,545 times
I only have been there (CCOS) once for a party at my cousin's friend's house. Apparently, the front houses (around golf course) cost a lot more money while the house we visited was away in the back. Even more funny is that the security guard (old gentleman) give us the wrong address (there was another person who has same last name as my cousin's friend's). We have to explain the lady who wonder why we knock her door. Very awkward situation.

Anyway, the club is very reclusive. If you want privacy, it is the place to be.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:07 PM

279 posts, read 467,779 times
I wouldn't be fooled by the guarded gates etc. They had a cat burglar who ripped off a dozen houses there before he was caught. He climbed the fences.

But yes, it is worth it if money is not a major issue.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the quick responses. Are burglaries / break-ins common in Alpharetta and the surrounding area? Do gated subdivisions generally prevent these things, with the aforementioned CCOS cat-burglar a rare exception? Thanks again.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:50 AM

that burglar was a very rare exception, cops called him one of the best they had ever seen. Obviously someone like that would target the wealthiest homes.
I would say that community is very very safe, and alpharetta is very safe. Interesting thing is CCOS is some of the most expensive homes, but just down the street are very old homes and a few "shacks"

I would not worry about crime there

Old 01-30-2007, 09:00 PM

Default thanks for the interesting info

That's good news. Thanks again.
(Shacks in ccos?
It seems that the minimum price is $600k...)
I was also curious how fast the homeowners fee increases each year, if anyone knows.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:36 AM

shacks down the street...it used to be mostly farmland...most of them have probably been bulldozed by now except for the lone farmer holdout.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:53 PM

1 posts, read 24,293 times
I live in CCOS and will always live in CCOS i wanna rais my children there becuase it is the best neighborhood in georgia, besides he houses being aweosme i love mine the most becuase you can see pretty muhc my whole neighborhood form my roof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta