U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:11 PM

137 posts, read 657,400 times

Advertisements

Peachtree City (25 min south of the airport) is your best bet! It is incredibly family oriented and a wonderful place for children to grow up. There are tons of all of the things you've mentioned. There's lots of shopping (from upscale to Target and Wal-Mart), lots of ranges on dining, super recreation for the whole family (indoor/outdoor aquatic center, roller hockey rink, bmx track, skate park, dog park, 100 miles of cart/biking paths, soccer galore, Little Gyms, etc, etc, etc), the BEST schools in the state, and a range of housing prices (anywhere from the 200s to a few million). It is a MUST see! Truly it is the ideal lifestyle for a family, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 08:32 PM

19 posts, read 53,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanley View Post
I couldn't agree more!!! If you really want the best for your kids...don't move to Atlanta!! I have lived and taught in the best high school in the area for 16 years...now that I have a six and 4 year old...we are heading back to Rochester, NY. The schools are way to big, standards are falling, and there is no end in site. If you want the best for your kids...this isn't it!
Nice to see I am not the only one trying to get out of the ATL. I want out of here for my little girl. Her school is good and it is still short of what it should be. This is my birth place and has been my home for many years and where most of my family is. But if you are able, don't come here. Even the suburbs 60+ miles from Atlanta (that would be Cumming) move at record, break neck speed. Even on the weekends. There are all kinds of conveiences, but virtually no way to get to them without sitting in line. And in Forsyth County (where I live) watch out for the SUV weilding drivers (seems to be mostly builders and soccer moms) for they will run you over and never look back.

Then there are the bodies they have been finding lately in Roswell and Lawrenceville. And Suwanee, an area that hasn't had a murder in 42 years.

If it isn't a body, its a fire around here.

Beware and be careful should you move here!!

Old 03-06-2007, 08:12 PM

6 posts, read 20,222 times
Default Peachtree City is Your Best Choice

Family friendly Peachtree City is a short commute from downtown while being one of the best cities in the US for families. Good schools and friendly residents. I have lived there over 10 years. My favorite feature is that I can see what my neighbors are selling and post my own things for sale for free on www.PeachtreeYardSales.com.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:51 PM

19 posts, read 77,778 times
Flowery Branch was where I was a nanny. It was fairly uppopulated and out a bit of way and the traffic was ok until you got about half way down the 85. Its a nice place. Don't know the house values though :/

Old 03-07-2007, 06:08 PM

3 posts, read 13,759 times
Atl has all of that?? maybe nc or sc>>

Old 03-08-2007, 08:59 AM

88 posts, read 451,867 times
Wink Home based jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajandjj2000 View Post
There are several reasons we are moving to the ATL area. One of which is for career reasons. My husband is currently interviewing at a number of places in the ATL. area (everywhere from Alpharetta to Cartersville to Duluth and midtown ATL). However, many of the jobs he is considering will be based out of a home office and he will only have to go to a "real" office occasionally. Therefore, I think we will have a fair amount of flexibility about where we want to live.
Do you know which companies he is interviewing for? I am looking for such flexibility can you PM me please? I am recent MBA graduate but own a business overseas which I have managed for over 10 years. But with our move to GA, I will have to re-enter the USA work force and would like to be flexible for my children. Thanks in advance

Old 03-08-2007, 01:20 PM

99 posts, read 381,237 times
Canton! Woodmont, Great Sky, River Green and Bridgemill all have the lifestyle you are looking for.

I don't know what size house you are looking for, but in your price range, you could get a nice resale in Bridemill or Woodmont, and a 2200-2500 sq ft 3-4br house in River Green or Great Sky.

Good luck!

Old 03-09-2007, 02:25 PM

43 posts, read 196,472 times
Someone mentioned earlier that they were looking forward to the slow pace in Georgia. I moved to Cumming 2 yrs ago, and if you are looking for a slow pace, this isn't it. You will get ran over here if you go to slow in your car. People are always in a hurry, to try and beat the traffic that lies ahead of them.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:39 PM

1,025 posts, read 3,713,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grover View Post
Someone mentioned earlier that they were looking forward to the slow pace in Georgia. I moved to Cumming 2 yrs ago, and if you are looking for a slow pace, this isn't it. You will get ran over here if you go to slow in your car. People are always in a hurry, to try and beat the traffic that lies ahead of them.
Yes, often on this board, people mention that they want to move here because they are seeking a slower pace and laid back Southern atmosphere. I hate to be the one to tell them that it's gone with the wind.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,815 times
I want to relocate to atl i have a family of nine. I'M A HAIRSTYLIST... THE BEST LOCATION WAS PEACHTREE GA. WE ARE LOCATED IN CINCINNATI NOW AND IT'S TIME TO GO PLEASE HELP

Last edited by favorinthemind; 11-26-2010 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: MISS SOME WORDS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or